Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By thefunkgrader Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:20 pm
so this has been a long time coming for me...months ago i had my mpc configured with my new focusrite 56 liquid saffire pre-amp/interface and using cubase 4.1.3 as my DAW...everything worked fine as far as tracking out beats and recording vocals until my shitty laptop (stupid to use in the 1st place i know...) just kept crashing due to the power of the interface...flash forward to now and i have a deisel pc tower with top of the line specs and im basically trying to get everything back to the way it was.

so far i believe i am having a problem with the communication between all three. for instance - cubase recognizes saffire in the ASIO driver selection, and i have gotten the mpc to be slave to cubase with the midi tracking but in both cases i cannot register audio into the DAW or see it in the mixcontrol. but if i play an mp3 on the computer the mixcontrol shows the levels on the right hand side...

so long story short i feel like there is just some specifics that i am not doing because it looks like everything should work together just fine..anybody got any answers...been lookin all over the web but everytime i try things from the tutorial it doesnt solve my problem..
By Metatron72 Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:08 pm
It's sounds like you may have already checked but are the Saffire inputs all set to active in Cubase? I forget to activate inputs sometimes in Ableton and I do the same media player/check the whole PC audio stream thing too. Then I slap my fore head and realize I didn't activate all the inputs.

I only suggest something so basic because it sounds like everything is hooked up correctly assuming the audio cables are in order too, which I'm sure you did.