Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By distortedtekno Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 pm
mrcrappypantson wrote:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/minimoog-model-d/id1339418001?mt=8

Just got the email and came here to pist the same thing. I have the Arturia versiin. But I didn't like the filter. So I deleted it a while ago. No problem spending a fiver for this one. :nod:
By Coz Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:26 am
distortedtekno wrote:No problem spending a fiver for this one. :nod:

Or £20+ if you buy all the sound banks... :WTF:

It is really nice though. I killed a few hours this afternoon running it through the H9 and it sounds fat. I'm tempted to get the next big iPad... :popcorn:
By distortedtekno Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:38 am
Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:No problem spending a fiver for this one. :nod:

Or £20+ if you buy all the sound banks... :WTF:

It is really nice though. I killed a few hours this afternoon running it through the H9 and it sounds fat. I'm tempted to get the next big iPad... :popcorn:

I haven't bought the sound banks yet. Are they worth the money?

I just got done playing around with the standalone and the AU in Cubasis. MIDI CCs will work in the AU if you assign them while running the app standalone. So I was glad to figure that out. I'm guessing the same for the arpeggiator. Looks like I'll be getting a lot more use out of Cubasis these days while Gadget sits on the backburner.
By Coz Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:07 am
distortedtekno wrote:I haven't bought the sound banks yet. Are they worth the money?

I was mainly playing around with the extra sound banks and they're quite versatile, so IMO they're worth it. I'm not sure why Moog split them into 5 nondescript categories, but they were cheap enough to buy them all.

I still need to get this thing midi'd up to other gear. I was looking at the iRig Midi 2 earlier... I don't know if anyone on here has used it?
By Lampdog Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 am
WANT
By Wormhelmet Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:06 am
Haven’t been online here in awhile, but love the BM3 updates. Been using an iConnect Midi interface with BM3 for external synths. To make it still a bit compact, I bought a few boutiques. I really like them mini synths. SE-02, SH-01a, D-05, JP-08, and already had the JX-03. Bought the TR-09 and TR-08 also. TR-08 is fricken awesome even though I have a million different drum samples. I ran into a deal also on a used once and stuffed back in the box, as new Clavia Nord Rack 2X synth. Holy smokes it has some juicy sound capabilities. Anyway, I really dig hooking up a few hardware synths on different midi channels and driving them with BM3 and even BM2 sometimes. Easy to get multitimbral with both versions.

Anyone try out the newer iMPC Pro yet? Saw it in the App Store but so hooked on BeatMaker, I didn’t grab it.
By inflict3 Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:14 am
Man, haven’t been here in a grip.. been all on these apps lately and just can’t get enough of bm3 and all these synth apps.. :worthy: :smoker:
By inflict3 Wed May 02, 2018 5:55 am
Any of y’all seen the NS2 pics yet????
By distortedtekno Wed May 02, 2018 10:34 pm
inflict3 wrote:Any of y’all seen the NS2 pics yet????

Yeah, I was just looking at them before. It's looking really nice.
By Lampdog Thu May 03, 2018 12:38 am
Lampdog wrote:WANT

GOT!
By Wormhelmet Thu May 03, 2018 6:30 am
inflict3 wrote:Any of y’all seen the NS2 pics yet????

Pics look great, but taking its time for release. Supposed to be out in 2017, but like BM3, we see that sometimes taking a little extra time can be worth it. I really like NanoStudio 1 until I started digging into BM2 more. NS2 should be a really great app and offer up some nice competition to BM3 (or as I like to use em - an alternative great program)
By mrcrappypantson Fri May 18, 2018 5:38 pm
Animoog Synthesizer (iPad) ($29.99 USD → $9.99 USD)
Moog Model D (iPhone/iPad) ($14.99 USD → $9.99 USD)
Animoog Synthesizer (iPhone) ($5.99 USD → $1.99 USD)
Model 15 Synthesizer (iPad /iPhone) ($29.99 USD → $14.99 USD)
Filtatron (iPhone/iPad) ($5.99 USD → $1.99 USD)
By Wormhelmet Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:42 pm
So I picked up the two boutique drum machines - TR-08 and TR-09 and having more fun than a person should with little hardware drum machines, but it got me exploring iOS drum machines and already had DM1, but picked up DM2, FunkBox, and the collection of 808, 909, 606, and LinnDrum which all program authentically. This is great iOS app fun and they can be either midi controlled, sampled if you want, or just played for fun by themselves.

I really dig the RIDM kit in FunkBox

Wouldn’t mind if Roland did a boutique 606 too. Although they aren’t crazy in price for the original like the original 303’s

I got a boutique TB-03 but it does not sound very authentic in the filter when opened up but BassLine iOS app and Bram Bos’s Troublemaker iOS app sound amazing for 303 sounds. Wish they didn’t get rid of Rebirth for iOS. Only downside to Bram Bos Troublemaker is after 16 steps, next choices are only 24 steps and 32 steps where BassLine app lets you increment by singles past 16. Was programming in bassline for Josh Wink’s song “Are You There?” and it’s actually a 303 running two patterns consecutively. First pattern is 10 steps and next is 8 steps so in BassLine you can just choose 18 steps but Troublemaker doesn’t have that option. Both still great though

So many good apps these days!

:smoker:
By Wormhelmet Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:04 pm
Just got Groove Rider GR-16 - great app. True groovebox with powerful synth editing and great drum samples and easy manipulation of samples too. Can import your own too. The ones that come with it are excellent though. Built to play it on a single pane with all controls right at easy access. Can be very deep in features. Much like an electribe but better.

From the same guy that did Poisone 202 synth. Looks simple at first glance, but it is really powerful.
By Lampdog Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 pm
GR-16 looks and reads really nice!