Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By coolderb Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 pm
Now that's how you do a version 2 update. On sale for new customers and free update for existing customers!
By coolderb Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:27 pm
More and more IOS apps. are incorporating not only Ableton Link but also Ableton project export. Couple that with Live being updated regularly and you have a recipe for success on the portable production front as well as the desktop. That is the type of innovation that is needed. Non-exclusive solutions that don't limit software vendors with proprietary limitations.

By Coz Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:15 pm
That's a great release from Korg. :worthy:

It's a bit fiddly in standalone but works nice in Gadget. It's a shame the Gadget versions of these apps have reduced functionality though.
By distortedtekno Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:21 pm
Coz wrote:That's a great release from Korg. :worthy:

It's a bit fiddly in standalone but works nice in Gadget. It's a shame the Gadget versions of these apps have reduced functionality though.

Much better than stock gadgets. No filter alaising and much thicker, warmer sound. The only limitation I see is no arpeggiator. But Gadget has it built in when you press the scale button in Lexington. The other limitation is that you cant swap presets with the standalone. Hopefully that gets added with an update. But either way, it's a great synth I'll be using a lot with Gadget as well as Cubasis. I hope they add Link so I can use it with Reason when I upgrade to 9.1.
By distortedtekno Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:24 pm
Hey Coz, did you buy the Revision 1 and 2 IAP's yet?
Is Rev 2 easier to see the sliders than on Rev 3?
By coolderb Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:37 pm
It's not fair what Korg is doing to the rest of the competition. Pretty soon the DOJ is gonna have to get involved because Korg is killin' it:)
By distortedtekno Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:54 am
coolderb wrote:It's not fair what Korg is doing to the rest of the competition. Pretty soon the DOJ is gonna have to get involved because Korg is killin' it:)

Yeah for real, they're killin' Roland and Yamaha. Roland aint got shit when it comes to apps, and Yamaha's latest iOS synth can't be fully unlocked without their latest hardware synth. Meanwhile Korg's churning out hardware, software, iOS apps... and it's good all around. :nod:
By Lampdog Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:21 pm
I've been a korg fan for more than a decade, glad to see them still going strong.
By Coz Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:17 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Hey Coz, did you buy the Revision 1 and 2 IAP's yet?

I haven't bought them because I don't think the skins and additional sounds work in Gadget and that's all I'm currently using. I may be wrong about that though.
By distortedtekno Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:25 am
Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:Hey Coz, did you buy the Revision 1 and 2 IAP's yet?

I haven't bought them because I don't think the skins and additional sounds work in Gadget and that's all I'm currently using. I may be wrong about that though.

I was reading earlier on the audiobus forum that the additional presets and the skins bith work in Gadget. Here's a screenshot that was posted there.

The Rev 1 looks easier on the eyes. Less squinting on the iPad Mini 2. So I'm gravitating toward that more than Rev 2. But I'm sure I might get both of them eventually.

I also found the MIDI CC Chart for the Odyssei that Korg uploaded.
https://www.korguser.net/odyssei/manual/ARP_ODYSSEi_CC_List_EJ.pdf
By Coz Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:34 pm
distortedtekno wrote:I was reading earlier on the audiobus forum that the additional presets and the skins bith work in Gadget.

You're gonna bankrupt me DT! :lol:

The Rev 1 seems to be easier to read after a 5 minute play around, with the Rev 2 not being so good. None of them are too bad on the regular sized iPad though.
By distortedtekno Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:12 pm
Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:I was reading earlier on the audiobus forum that the additional presets and the skins bith work in Gadget.

You're gonna bankrupt me DT! :lol:

The Rev 1 seems to be easier to read after a 5 minute play around, with the Rev 2 not being so good. None of them are too bad on the regular sized iPad though.

Haha! Yeah I'm a bad influence. :lol:
Shortly after my last reply, I bought Rev1 and played around with it till 5:30am. It's a good thing I work nights. :lol:
I'll end up buying Rev2 soon. I'm usually very frugal with my app spending. But with Korg, sometimes I can't hold out, like when iM1 was released, I bought it right away and didn't wait for a sale. However, when Korg release synths that work both standalone and as a Gadget, it ends up being more than worth the price of admission. But as for Module, Kamata, Gladstone, and Madrid, I had to pass them up since I haven't found any use for them yet. When they were released, I was hoping more for another synth. An iPolysix Gadget would've been cool. But the Arp Odyssey is a hell of a lot better!

I've been wondering what's next. There's rumors of an iWaveStation posted in the audiobus forum. We'll find out soon enough. We all may as well tell our family and loved ones to throw some iTunes cards in our stockings for Christmas. We're gonna need 'em.