Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Coz Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:48 pm
distortedtekno wrote:I'm usually very frugal with my app spending. But with Korg, sometimes I can't hold out, like when iM1 was released, I bought it right away and didn't wait for a sale. However, when Korg release synths that work both standalone and as a Gadget, it ends up being more than worth the price of admission. But as for Module, Kamata, Gladstone, and Madrid, I had to pass them up since I haven't found any use for them yet. When they were released, I was hoping more for another synth. An iPolysix Gadget would've been cool. But the Arp Odyssey is a hell of a lot better!

I've bought virtually everything that works with Gadget, including all the IAPs, iM1 and Module. If they can make iWavestation, iMS20 and iPolysix compatible I'll also buy them. :mrgreen:
By inflict3 Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:09 pm
Man, I really hope BeatMaker3 drops soon, want to see it drop before the Mpc live and hopefully the features of bm3 blow the live out the water.
By Lampdog Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:41 pm
I will be all over BM3 like stank on shit!
By distortedtekno Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:37 pm
Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:I'm usually very frugal with my app spending. But with Korg, sometimes I can't hold out, like when iM1 was released, I bought it right away and didn't wait for a sale. However, when Korg release synths that work both standalone and as a Gadget, it ends up being more than worth the price of admission. But as for Module, Kamata, Gladstone, and Madrid, I had to pass them up since I haven't found any use for them yet. When they were released, I was hoping more for another synth. An iPolysix Gadget would've been cool. But the Arp Odyssey is a hell of a lot better!

I've bought virtually everything that works with Gadget, including all the IAPs, iM1 and Module. If they can make iWavestation, iMS20 and iPolysix compatible I'll also buy them. :mrgreen:

From what I understand, iWavestation might not be available as a Gadget, according to the guy testing the beta. But hopefully it'll get added in an update.

Last week I won a free cooy of Phasemaker. I was thinking the whole Cubasis AU workflow would be stable. But Phasemaker, Ruismaker, and Ruismaker FM all tend to crash and glitch out. So there goes that. :Sigh:
I'm gonna put all that on the backburner until it becomes more stable and focus more on Gadget again. I hope Korg add Link to Odyssei. That'll be fun with Reason 9.1.
By distortedtekno Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:42 pm
inflict3 wrote:Man, I really hope BeatMaker3 drops soon, want to see it drop before the Mpc live and hopefully the features of bm3 blow the live out the water.

They're still taking care of the android version before they release the iOS version. It's still not clear whether they're adding AU support. But if they don't it's a dealbreaker for me.
By distortedtekno Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:32 pm
v00d00ppl wrote:http://discchord.com

Enjoy

Plenty of apps on sale this year. Nothing on my wish list went on sale. But I found out about RP-1 and RF-1, and bought them after seeing they can be used as AUs in Cubasis.
By inflict3 Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:37 am
Yea, I might have to take advantage of Korg gadget being so cheap with this sale, I've been hella broke lately and now it's more in my budget
By distortedtekno Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:41 am
inflict3 wrote:Yea, I might have to take advantage of Korg gadget being so cheap with this sale, I've been hella broke lately and now it's more in my budget

The sale is going on until January 5th. Make sure to get Odyssei while it's on sale and you'll get the Lexington Gadget with the purchase.
By inflict3 Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:16 am
Question.. are the gadgets actual synths or are they sample players?
By distortedtekno Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:55 pm
inflict3 wrote:Question.. are the gadgets actual synths or are they sample players?

All the synths are real. Theres also 2 sample players that can be purchased separately. Bilbao is like an MPC and Abu Dhabi is a loop slicer. Load your own samples into those Gadgets and you'll have a lot of fun making beats with them. The thing I love about Gadget is that it's stable and reliable. I can't say the same for Cubasis and loading IAA or AU instruments. Too much shit goes wrong, settings aren't saved properly, crashes, etc. So Gadget don't have any of those issues. It's pretty solid.
By inflict3 Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:52 pm
distortedtekno wrote:
inflict3 wrote:Question.. are the gadgets actual synths or are they sample players?

All the synths are real. Theres also 2 sample players that can be purchased separately. Bilbao is like an MPC and Abu Dhabi is a loop slicer. Load your own samples into those Gadgets and you'll have a lot of fun making beats with them. The thing I love about Gadget is that it's stable and reliable. I can't say the same for Cubasis and loading IAA or AU instruments. Too much shit goes wrong, settings aren't saved properly, crashes, etc. So Gadget don't have any of those issues. It's pretty solid.

Thanks for the info man.. yea, Cubasis was a bit to unstable for me.. just wanted to make sure the actual gadget synths were real synths first and not some synth lookalike playing dedicated samples, guess I'm just paranoid.. might have to **** with gadget though, Cubasis was a waste of Fukin money on my end.
By distortedtekno Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:50 pm
inflict3 wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:

Thanks for the info man.. yea, Cubasis was a bit to unstable for me.. just wanted to make sure the actual gadget synths were real synths first and not some synth lookalike playing dedicated samples, guess I'm just paranoid.. might have to **** with gadget though, Cubasis was a waste of Fukin money on my end.

No problem man. I'm a synth junky and an analog snob. So I'm picky with virtual analog. But it's come a long way. The synths that come with Gadget are pretty good. But they're fairly simple with their parameter set. But they're easy to work with and sound good, If you buy the ARP Odyssei, you get the Lexington gadget, which sounds 10x better than the stock synths. There's a lot you can do with Gadget.. With 6 insert effects per instrument (it's also got sidechaining) you'll get a bangin' sound out of your mix. There's no other all-in-one app that can come close to Gadget. It's the best $20 you'll ever spend. With every update, it gets even better.