Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Wormhelmet Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:18 pm
Intua has announced Beatmaker 3 will be available in the app store July 15th.

Hell yeah

:smoker:
By JUKE 179r Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:13 am
distortedtekno wrote:ReBirth for iPad is getting shitcanned. :Sigh:

https://www.propellerheads.se/support/news/rebirth-for-ipad-will-be-removed-from-app-store-june-15-2017/

Boooooooooo! :fku: PropellerHeads!!!!
By chino Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:19 pm
Wormhelmet wrote:Intua has announced Beatmaker 3 will be available in the app store July 15th.

I'm also excited about the Beatmaker 3 release! Im considering buying a new iPad Pro to use with it. I will keep my old iPad mini 2 to run Samplr.

I figure I will try Beatmaker 3 while Akai addresses bugs & missing features on the MPC Live... BUT who knows, I may just stay using BM3 if it works as advertised!! :nod: :-D
By distortedtekno Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:31 am
5 more days till BM3 drops! :nod:

It'll be sold at an intro price of $20 which will only last a week, from what I've read. So anyone that's not aware of that should be prapared.

I'm glad the wait is almost over. I never bought BM2 since the word of BM3 was first mentioned. So I'm really excited to finally jump into BeatmakerLand after all this time. I didn't wanna know shit about iMPC Pro and I don't wanna spend mad money on an MPC Live or X when Akai's up to the same "release it now and maybe fix it later" scheme.

BM3 has a lot of features I've been wanting, including pickup mode for MIDI controllers, so there's no paramater jump when moving a knob or a slider. If I read correctly, BM3 may allow you to use more than one controller. It works with BlueTooth MIDI. So that's another plus. Ableton Link is another plus, as well as it being an AU host. I don't think I'll be using Cubasis much now.
By Lampdog Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:33 am
distortedtekno wrote:If I read correctly, BM3 may allow you to use more than one controller.

I use iconnect midi1, ipad pro, bm2, triton for keys, 4k for drums/samples.
Ipad to triton, triton thru to mpc. Teiton and 4k are used as controllers.
By coolderb Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:11 am
chino wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Intua has announced Beatmaker 3 will be available in the app store July 15th.

I'm also excited about the Beatmaker 3 release! Im considering buying a new iPad Pro to use with it. I will keep my old iPad mini 2 to run Samplr.

I figure I will try Beatmaker 3 while Akai addresses bugs & missing features on the MPC Live... BUT who knows, I may just stay using BM3 if it works as advertised!! :nod: :-D

I've read comments from several others saying they are selling their Maschine in 1 case and another saying he is selling his MPC Live because BM3 is THAT good!

On a related note another reported that he used an older Maschine as a controller for BM3 and it works great.
By Wormhelmet Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:56 am
I use a Korg padKontrol with BM2, but going to use my mv8800 to control BM3. Intua has been very supportive with fixes and updates to BM2 throughout it's years and they have been working a very long time on BM3. It's essentially why I bought my 128gb Air 2. That and gadget and the Model 15. I also wanted enough horsepower for Auria, but BM3 is going to be primary use.

Being that it's multitimbral, hooked up to my Virus and Blofeld or any other multitimbral synth is easy control for multiple synth tracks too.

I know it's gonna be great at launch and just keep getting better. $20 first week in app store too.

:smoker: :mrgreen: 8)
By coolderb Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:12 pm
Wormhelmet wrote:I use a Korg padKontrol with BM2, but going to use my mv8800 to control BM3. Intua has been very supportive with fixes and updates to BM2 throughout it's years and they have been working a very long time on BM3. It's essentially why I bought my 128gb Air 2. That and gadget and the Model 15. I also wanted enough horsepower for Auria, but BM3 is going to be primary use.

Being that it's multitimbral, hooked up to my Virus and Blofeld or any other multitimbral synth is easy control for multiple synth tracks too.

I know it's gonna be great at launch and just keep getting better. $20 first week in app store too.

Yeah and the AUv3 parameter Automation works great. It makes Korg Gadget act as an ideal sound module within BM3!
By coolderb Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:28 pm
coolderb wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:I use a Korg padKontrol with BM2, but going to use my mv8800 to control BM3. Intua has been very supportive with fixes and updates to BM2 throughout it's years and they have been working a very long time on BM3. It's essentially why I bought my 128gb Air 2. That and gadget and the Model 15. I also wanted enough horsepower for Auria, but BM3 is going to be primary use.

Yeah and the AUv3 parameter Automation works great. It makes Korg Gadget act as an ideal sound module within BM3!

I meant to say iSEM works great as a sound module inside BM3:
By Wormhelmet Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:16 pm
The trailer...should be available in the app store today at some time

BM3

By Lampdog Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:37 pm
BM3's not avail yet. 071517, 10:35am SoCal time.
By Lampdog Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:01 pm
BM3 finally showed up in IOS Store, Grabbed it by the pussy!!

I've played with many IOS daws.

I'm not even joking when I say this one kills everything I've seen and touched.
I mean, c'mon Intua, your gonna back the market into a tight 1 square inch corner like that?

5 thumbs tha **** UP!