Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Living Bate Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:10 pm
Anybody on here use Pro Tools Express?......whats peoples opinions on it?
By Living Bate Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:03 pm
Living Bate wrote:Anybody on here use Pro Tools Express?......whats peoples opinions on it?

no one?
By Ocular Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:57 pm
Nope.

It looks like that's not even a supported version anymore. Pro Tools First is the new introductory Pro Tools, and it looks like it's free after giving up some personal information.

In my opinion, these intro type app versions are designed so that you quickly outgrow them and find yourself buying the full version. Nothing wrong with a free demo, and nothing wrong with buying software you like, but I wouldn't pay money for something like Live Intro or Pro Tools Express, especially when free demos of these apps exist.
By Living Bate Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:03 pm
Ocular wrote:Nope.

It looks like that's not even a supported version anymore. Pro Tools First is the new introductory Pro Tools, and it looks like it's free after giving up some personal information.

In my opinion, these intro type app versions are designed so that you quickly outgrow them and find yourself buying the full version. Nothing wrong with a free demo, and nothing wrong with buying software you like, but I wouldn't pay money for something like Live Intro or Pro Tools Express, especially when free demos of these apps exist.

it came bundled with my Renaissance...otherwise I would never have touched it.....

I'm finding it kinda awkward to use at the minute, and I'm wondering if I should persevere or just knock it on the head...

I'm rooted in Cubase but no one really seems to mess with that these days....

if I don't get anywhere with Pro Tools Express I need to look at a new DAW
By Ocular Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:09 pm
Cubase is a fine DAW. But if you're looking to move on, Live is on sale at 20% off at the moment. Ableton has a free demo as well. If you're on a Mac there is always logic... Just trying to think of low cost options.

How does PT Express compare to PT First?

I didn't realize Cubase has fallen out of favor. I guess it makes sense though, so many (good) DAWs out nowadays.
By Living Bate Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:18 pm
I guess people still use Cubase, I just never seem to hear from anyone using it nowadays.....

I always used a cracked version of 5.....but I don't want to go down that route these days....I've grown out of all that lark...

Express is my first time using Pro Tools and I seem to find it hard graft to do the most simplistic of things....the controls just don't seem to adjust in a logical manner.......basically I fuggin hate it at the minute....

Low cost option sounds good.....I'm on Windows.....I never really thought of Live.....I always assumed that was more aimed at people with the Ableton controllers and what not......I was edging more towards Logic I guess....
By Ocular Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:55 pm
Cubase is a good DAW, it's just expensive for the pro version. The Artist version of Cubase is Steinberg's middle tier and is a bit more affordable. Doesn't seem too gimped either.

I used to use a cracked version of Nuendo. Same thing as Cubase but also has video editing. At the time I loved it, but I too am not interested in using cracked software anymore. It retails for over $1000.

Logic is, unfortunately, Mac OS only. I used to hate Logic, but something clicked with me after forcing myself to learn it's sampler. I love it now.

A lot of people love Live. It's not just for people who have the Ableton controllers either, anything will work with it. Ableton has a 30 day free trial demo of the Suite version available too. Worth checking out, IMO. I'd get it if I had the disposable income. The sale ends in January, btw.

Then there is Reaper. There are some who swear by it (over any other DAW available) and it might be the lowest cost option. I tried it but it never clicked with me. Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake, I don't know. Still worth checking out.

Last time I used Pro Tools it didn't even have midi. So... yeah.
By Living Bate Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:23 pm
I thought i used to have a cracked version of Logic on Windows. . . But maybe i was thinking of Nuendo . .

I used to get on really well with Acid Pro back in the day . . . That doesnt seem to be used much anymore . .

I think i might try the Live demo . . Although im never too fond of clogging my computer up with demos . .

I know with Reaper if i like it i can just pay and unlock it . . Which i like the idea of . .

Cheers Ocular, i appreciate the advice . .
By Living Bate Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:26 pm
Also might look into that Cubase 'Artist' . . I would be nice to get back to my Cubase ways
By richie Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:03 am
Why don't you run the cracked PT12 HD ?
By Living Bate Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:58 am
richie wrote:Why don't you run the cracked PT12 HD ?

I'm trying to steer away from the cracked game . .

Its claimed the lives of too many good, honest, hard working computers . .
By richie Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:51 pm
Stop being a p*ssy.
By Living Bate Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:59 am
richie wrote:Stop being a p*ssy.

charming....

where you getting it from then?