Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By groovemonger Mon May 09, 2016 10:01 am
I've recently started playing live again more both purely electronic and with live instrumentation. I've used Logic since just before Apple bought it (currently on 9) and know it like the back of my hand.

But Logic is more a studio tool and it'd be cool to vary and improvise my loops and tracks on the fly more, which is of course Ableton Live territory. While I dabbled with a pirate copy years back I'd be pretty much a newb on that software.

Given then Bitwig is very Live-like, costs a ton less, and is reckoned to be much more modern under the surface, is that a better option? I'll have to spend some time learning with either so that's not an issue.

Also, I don't care about what sounds either comes with as I tend to use samples and a few core third party plugins, which are all available AU or VST in 64bit.

Any ideas?
By dazastah Mon May 16, 2016 3:51 pm
Bitwigs clip launcher can be next to the linear arrangement view which is useful.(drag and drop clips into arrangement like a scratch pad workflow)
Ableton has more support for clip launching controllers.. push 2 controller is really good ...
Although if you cop a surface pro bitwig works well with a touch screen ..
I like bitwigs gui more as things seem clearer and less cluttered .