Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Ex:John Doe Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:50 pm
Wal Martian wrote:It all depends on the quality of your A/D converter. Low end gear sounds worse. Anything 44.1khZ or better is going to be CD quality. Sending digital files wireless wouldn't sound any better than using a disk or the S/PDIF output, it's the same 1's and 0's being transferred. Recording the MPC analog output is another conversion. The MPC is an instrument, most people own one because you can use it to build full songs inside the box. If your inclination is to transfer the files over and do everything in Logic, you may want to reconsider why you bought an MPC in the first place. You might be better off using an APC, Maschine, Ableton Push2 etc.

I love the MPC, dont question the marriage, and dont talk to me about an Ableton Push
By Wal Martian Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:05 pm
Ex:John Doe wrote:When did I refer to MIDI as something else than MIDI?

Ex:John Doe wrote:Aren't you actually converting MIDI to audio (and, disturb the signal) using this method?

- Wouldn't keeping it MIDI all the way through be more beneficial?

The digital out is sending SPDIF digital audio, it is lossless, same quality as file transfer from MPC to PC. The audio outs are an analog signal converted from digital to analog by the MPC, then your audio interface converts once again from analog to digital, as Lampdog said. Quality of A/D recordings is limited to your interface and your DAW session settings.
Lampdog wrote:the audio is passing through ad/da converters. Once in/out mpc and again in/out of computer/audio interface.