Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By hok-2 Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:02 pm
I recently got a DigiDesighn Mbox USB audio interface, the older one that works on 32 bit Xp, Reaper picks up the device so I'm using that.

But there is a bit too much for me when it comes to trying to mix it down, "normalise to 95% " that's my idea of mixing.
Anyone got any advice.
HOK-2
By hok-2 Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:26 am
Thanks, that seems pretty straight forward
I think I may have been over doing it with all the new fangled effects.
You can do side chain compression on Reaper, which is cool.
I'd read about that and wanted to try it.
Seems like a good program.
I probably should have posted this in the DAW section, sorry about that.
By Lampdog Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:05 pm
hok-2 wrote:...I probably should have posted this in the DAW section, sorry about that.

Done
By hok-2 Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:02 pm
Thanks Mr Gold Lettering.
And thanks Mr mindcontrol.
I have a few more questions.
I've set up the mpc to send midi and I can trigger the Vst's but there is a lot of latency.
I'm wondering if trying to use Vst's might be a bit much on a old pc with 1gb ram and about 140gb hard drive space?
Is that just not going to work?

I only bought the audio interface to record the Mpc really, so all these other features Ive encountered from Reaper being the only free software I've found that works with it are superfluous.
I still use Cool Edit Pro and that can't play through the Mbox.
I'm not upgrading from Xp, I like XP :fku:
Any adive would be appreciated.
PEEEEEEEAAAAACCCEEEEEE.
By richie Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:08 am
The reason why you are likely unable to play your Mbox with Cool Edit Pro is because you did not select the Mbox as the output device.
By richie Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:24 am
I have the mbox2 mini that I use with my laptop and I'm able to use it on Cool Edit Pro just fine man.