Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MeSoHordey Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:04 am
I've returned many controllers to Guitar Center.
By Elohimfetus Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:19 am
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
monogee wrote:Any other time I would jump at purchasing an Akai product like this, but I've got to wait. Especially with Maschine coming out in October.

Yeah I probably won't make a move on the Ren or Maschine until Oct or Nov.

If I had the money I would buy the Akai right now. Maschine is getting a little more of its act together with 1.8 but the interface has not changed much. I like the Ren and Studio's looks better, but that just my opinion. No cold hard facts on that.

It's probably good that I can not be an early adopter so that Akai can work out some bugs. I'll be more ready when 1.2 rolls around. Plus we know that to make the REN Akai acquired a software company so I believe we will see some changes when it comes to releasing updates and customer support. They have competition now and iron sharpens iron.
By Blue Haze Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:19 am
Checked with my Akai contact and it is true that the U.S. market will receive the Ren within a week. Japan's market will receive it later in October. All of this is due to production delays apparently.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:00 am
Elohimfetus wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
monogee wrote:Any other time I would jump at purchasing an Akai product like this, but I've got to wait. Especially with Maschine coming out in October.

Yeah I probably won't make a move on the Ren or Maschine until Oct or Nov.

If I had the money I would buy the Akai right now. Maschine is getting a little more of its act together with 1.8 but the interface has not changed much. I like the Ren and Studio's looks better, but that just my opinion. No cold hard facts on that.

It's probably good that I can not be an early adopter so that Akai can work out some bugs. I'll be more ready when 1.2 rolls around. Plus we know that to make the REN Akai acquired a software company so I believe we will see some changes when it comes to releasing updates and customer support. They have competition now and iron sharpens iron.

With The Ren I don't think it has ReWire capability. I need to bus my audio into Pro Tools. Importing sessions is not the way to go for me. My MPC 4K with ADAT and S/PDIF has the Ren w/out ReWire beat. I'll wait til they implement ReWire.

As far as Maschine. NI is the leader in this area right now, I trust the leader more than the follower. We'll see how it all turns out.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:03 am
MeSoHordey wrote:I've returned many controllers to Guitar Center.

Well controllers are considered hardware. I don't know how the Ren is going to be classified being that you need the software that comes with it to use it.
By RunningOnE Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:19 am
If there is an activation code you will be able to return it. Have done this for a guitar oedal (guitar rig) run off software. After the return I thought I got some free software and then a month later the software wouldn't work without a new keycode (not hard to find but it was shit so why keep it?) So back on topic.. Where's oprahs mpc? If he's slacking I am going to post up a few videos tomorrow/ over the weekend :evil:
By JAH Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:26 am
Blue Haze wrote:Checked with my Akai contact and it is true that the U.S. market will receive the Ren within a week. Japan's market will receive it later in October.

This would be great to quiet all the complaints regarding Akai not delivering the product on-time when the release date has always been late Summer.

....then my threads about the Ren should be unlocked (as I won't be having a one person conversation :? ) and my pics allowed to remain. :P
By jpeg Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:46 am
LMSW wrote:Please believe that I am not employed by the company. I am a fellow music person who is interested in informing the readers of this forum. My only intention is to provide release information regarding AKAI's MPC Renaissance.

ur not serious no normal person types like how ur typing im thinking this might actually be a robot (computer software programmed to troll forums. thats how bad it it.

this lmsw just appear yesterday on native instruments forum as well saying the same form of words

so im skepticle
By moyphee Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:03 am
Elohimfetus wrote:It's probably good that I can not be an early adopter so that Akai can work out some bugs.

I just hope it has a decent lifespan. Numark disposes of controllers at a whim with no concern about the end user.

The last 'Controller+DAW-like software' product they put out was MixMeister. Peeps bought the Mixmeister Control dedicated controller and in just over a year the software was killng Macs and PCs alike. The controller was discontinued and users were left with a gigantic USB paperweight. This is why the customer base must keep the pressure on.

Let's hope Numark treats the Ren/Studio customers better than they treated the guys that bought this one year wonderbox and it's follow up controller.

Introduced NAMM 2008- discontinued March 2009
ImageImage
By MPC-Tutor Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:25 am
JAH wrote:This would be great to quiet all the complaints regarding Akai not delivering the product on-time when the release date has always been late Summer.

Personally I dont care about Akai suddenly releasing a few Rens to meet some vague deadline that just so happens to coincide with the Maschine MkII announcement. What I do care about is that they 'deliver' a fully working, relatively bug free product.
By dorsey Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:07 pm
Well Guitar center sells used Maschines..... They buy them back, No reason why they wouldnt except a return on a Ren, I hope
By JAH Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:26 pm
I've just placed an order for a new Ren at a US retailer.

MPC-Tutor wrote:
JAH wrote:This would be great to quiet all the complaints regarding Akai not delivering the product on-time when the release date has always been late Summer.

Personally I dont care about Akai suddenly releasing a few Rens to meet some vague deadline that just so happens to coincide with the Maschine MkII announcement. What I do care about is that they 'deliver' a fully working, relatively bug free product.

You mean Maschine MKII just happens to coincide with the release of the MPC Ren...which has always been projected for a late Summer release. Did Akai actually plan to release the Ren later than projected...but NI's announcement force their hand to deliver on schedule? I don't know nor personally care. I just want to see it in stores and for other forum members to get a chance to bang on those pads.

I am sure we all want a fully working, relatively bug free product. But I have never purchased a version 1.0 of a product that was flawless...and this includes Maschine which was crap upon initial release.