Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Coz Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:06 am
BornElevation wrote:It's definitely a prototype MPC. I noticed it doesn't say Renaissance on the back LCD or in the top right front corner either?

The button layout seems identical to the Ren, so really it's just a blacked out Ren with a big ass screen.

I thought they might have ditched the vintage mode buttons.
By evillmusic Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:09 am
People aren't grasping the concept of this "REN2" I guess.... This would blow the color screen out of a Maschine studio...Its a stand alone with a PC built in... It also has internet connection in the back of the unit! This is what the REN 1 should of been!
By war424[CUBA] Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:13 am
Off the build 2014 site
"Akai/Newmark announced their latest instruments, the Akai MPC and Numark NS7, built on Windows Embedded Industry 8.1. These are the same instruments used by artists including Skrillex, Lady Gag, Dr. Dre and Trent Reznor."
By evillmusic Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:25 am
From Microsoft website

Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry
"Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry extends Windows 8.1 to a range of edge devices across retail, manufacturing, healthcare and any other industries in which powerful line-of-business applications and the ability to perform a specialized function in a secure and reliable way is paramount.
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry is available preinstalled on OEM devices; additionally, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Enterprise is available through Volume Licensing programs. Through Volume Licensing, enterprises can upgrade existing Windows Embedded devices to Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry, and can gain access to additional enterprise-specific features not available through OEMs. These enterprise features, which include DirectAccess, BrancheCache, Enterprise Sideloading, and AppLocker, empower enterprises to gain greater manageability and control over their devices and enable new scenarios. Click here to learn more about Windows Embedded 8 Volume Licensing offerings.
With this update, Windows Embedded brings the latest Windows 8.1 innovations in security, management, and user experience to our partners. In addition to the full capabilities of Windows 8.1, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry offers the flexibility and enhanced lockdown capabilities needed to power Industry devices."..........

So in normal terms "The windows 8 OS can be coded to run in ways to fit a companies use of the OS on a windows computer based system. So in the AKAI MPC it would be an Akai windows based OS.
Last edited by evillmusic on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
By BornElevation Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:40 am
Prototype indeed, the screen needs some work. If it is anything like the Ren ? It's too big, it won't work with a quarter of the screen hanging off the back. As far as traveling with a case etc. just looking at the screen you can tell it's not a finished product. But continuing the MPC line is always a good sign. I like my Ren regardless of what they put out. Keep the MPC line alive.
By TT_Lab Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:43 am
So it comes with a windows tablet embedded in a black and red ren...it looks good but hope they change the design a bit and find a solution for mac users.
I forbid myself of using windows for music. So much ASIO and latency :vomit:
By Coz Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:43 am
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Coz wrote:Any bright spark want to elaborate on what "Windows Embedded Industry 8.1" is exactly? :)

:smoker:

If it's standalone I wonder if the previous predictions of a "$3000 MPC" will be true. :mrgreen: