Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By SimonInAustralia Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:07 pm
Wr1tertype wrote:I have MPC Element and updated Essentials to 1.7.1. Saw a message that it couldn't be unlocked without owning a MPC Ren or Studio. Is that the case with trying to update Essentials?

What's the difference between MPC Essentials and Software?

MPC Software can be used with an Element, but you need a Renaissance or Studio to unlock it.

If you are trying to update MPC Essentials to MPC Essentials 1.7.1, you do not need a Renaissance or Studio, only if you are trying to use MPC Software with it.

The main difference, I think, is in the MPC sequencer and plugin, you can only have one track in the MPC Essentials sequencer vs multiple tracks in the MPC Software sequencer, but you can load multiple instances of MPC Essentials plugin into multiple tracks of your DAW sequencer vs only a single instance of MPC Software plugin into your DAW sequencer.
By DJ Hellfire Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:44 pm
THE ADVERSARY wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Maybe I'm reading into it wrong?!

Seems to happens in many threads on this forum in general.
Could be because we have always seen dedicated trolls trying to stir things up?

Don't think so! But when you start off with posts like this one below, it's naturally gonna put the beta team on offense. Surely you can understand that?! :wink:

THE ADVERSARY wrote:Maybe they need some BETA testers who actually use some of the Waves plugs that are authorized through the new Waves Cloud System?
Or they need to at least test it.

Starting to seem like they aren't testing it at all since it's problem that 's pretty hard to miss.

THE ADVERSARY wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:As for the waveshell failing the scan, I was the one that originally reported this to Akai. As of 1.7.1, my Waves 9.3 scans perfectly fine now. So I'm not sure why you're still having issues. Somethings you can try is reinstalling Waves. Deleting your MPC Settings file (will require you to unlock the software again). Rescan all your plugins. We have verified 9.3 passing the scan on both Mac and PC. Again, I personally think this is something that Waves changed with their Waveshell as other software users are reporting the same issue with the VST. Plus the fact that all 9.2 and 9.1 Waveshells (v9r1-v9r19) scan fine in 1.7. Plus the fact that AU scans fine in 1.7.

So you saw it in BETA testing and reported it or after it was released to the streets?

Yes, but they couldn't figure out in time and this is not something that will hold back an already delayed release. Pete only just figured out the problem prior to 1.7.1 being release. It has to be something Waves changed in the 9.3 version because the 9.2 versions (v9r19 and lower) have no issue scanning.

THE ADVERSARY wrote:Still the crazy part is no other Windows programs that use VSTs like LIVE, Maschine, etc have problems scanning the Waves plugs, only the MPC software.

There are still plenty of people reporting that the 1.7.1 scanner still didn't resolve their issue and even some who say it freezes the application.

Actually, there are several other reported issues with Waves 9.3 vst by users of other software. Some that I can remember were Vienna Ensemble Pro, FL Studio, Cakewalk, to name a few. Do a google search and I'm sure you can find more.

THE ADVERSARY wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:As for why it works in 1.6, the 1.6 scanner works differently.

We all know that the 2 scanners are different the point is for them to resolve the issue.
Honestly users just want to be able to scan their plugs as needed without having issues.

Well, you specifically asked why the 1.6 Scanner has no issue and only the 1.7x Scanners do. :lol:
By THE ADVERSARY Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:37 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
Actually, there are several other reported issues with Waves 9.3 vst by users of other software. Some that I can remember were Vienna Ensemble Pro, FL Studio, Cakewalk, to name a few. Do a google search and I'm sure you can find more.

DJ Hellfire wrote:As for why it works in 1.6, the 1.6 scanner works differently.

I was referring my setup not others.
I can only attest to the fact that with all the different applications I have that use VSTs the MPC Software is the only thing with an issue.

DJ Hellfire wrote:Yes, but they couldn't figure out in time and this is not something that will hold back an already delayed release.

Well I guess I have to walk away from this thread on this. :arrow:
They could have simply added a note to not rescan your plugs when updating to 1.7 to prevent users the headache while they still worked on the problem. :shock:
By tonemelle Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:12 pm
THE ADVERSARY wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:

I was referring my setup not others.
I can only attest to the fact that with all the different applications I have that use VSTs the MPC Software is the only thing with an issue.

I too spot the same thing with my setup. The MPC DAW is the only DAW with these plug in issues. I wasted weeks of work time because of plugin trouble shooting issues :Sigh:
By aarmsiggar Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:39 pm
I too spot the same thing with my setup. The MPC DAW is the only DAW with these plug in issues. I wasted weeks of work time because of plugin trouble shooting issues

common dude.. there are several workaround to get waves working inside the mpc software. wasting weeks of work time because of plugin trouble shooting issues ? maybe investing 1 day for private study of that issue and do a workaround for your os and bit variant of your software and system by using your brain or simply search this forums for equal posts?

option 1: split the WaveShell using VSTWrapperBuilder
found here : http://hypercube-softwares.duckdns.org/ ... stwrapper/

option 2: use shell2vst to split Waveshell into single plugin .dll (check this forum)

if you own waves plugins you don´t have to worry about splitting waveshell with that tools cause it´s def. not illegal.it´s a common technique to workaround that issue for many years. if you are using cracked versions of these great software you already proved that you don´t care a s... about that fact, so no need to argument with that..

option 3: install 1.6 update over 1.7.1 "rescan new plugins" (waveshell itself no need to split into single plugins like option 1 and 2) after that install 1.7.1 over 1.6 again, update usb drivers and expansions again, don´t rescan plugins, done)

if your plugin scanner although hangs on 1.6 while scanning your waveshell, simply put it into a seperate folder. add this folder to plugin dirs, uncheck that folder while scanning in 1.6, scann all other plugins, update to 1.7.1 and after that check the waves folder again and do a "scan new" only... if that fails you have to extract the waveshell to single plugins, put them in any other folder and scan this folder in place of the folder with your waveshell...

it can be said exactly what to do to make it done. it depends strongly on the version of wavesshell and release candidate too...

one or the other way... you will attain success.

option 4: combine that options to your needs and os/bit version

i am def. no masterbrain and it tooks me 3 hours to get all my plugins working inside mpc software on win7 64bit except one. waves included! and i mean all waves plugins. i bought mercury on a special-offer price for 4200$ 2 years ago so i can def. say that you can get these plugins working on win7 x64. I friend of mine also uses waves plugins on MAC inside the mpc software. admitted that he only owns some smaller bundles so i can speak for all plugins.

Don´t get me wrong i am absolutely with you that it is a annoying procedure but it can be done. And in any case for me it´s better to do that workarounds to have these plugins during production phase. It saves my time. 2000xl and 2500se stay at their shelfs.

sorry for my broken english i am no native ..

peace
By tonemelle Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:03 pm
aarmsiggar wrote:
I too spot the same thing with my setup. The MPC DAW is the only DAW with these plug in issues. I wasted weeks of work time because of plugin trouble shooting issues

common dude.. there are several workaround to get waves working inside the mpc software. wasting weeks of work time because of plugin trouble shooting issues ? maybe investing 1 day for private study of that issue and do a workaround for your os and bit variant of your software and system by using your brain or simply search this forums for equal posts?

option 1: split the WaveShell using VSTWrapperBuilder
found here : http://hypercube-softwares.duckdns.org/ ... stwrapper/

option 2: use shell2vst to split Waveshell into single plugin .dll (check this forum)

if you own waves plugins you don´t have to worry about splitting waveshell with that tools cause it´s def. not illegal.it´s a common technique to workaround that issue for many years. if you are using cracked versions of these great software you already proved that you don´t care a s... about that fact, so no need to argument with that..

option 3: install 1.6 update over 1.7.1 "rescan new plugins" (waveshell itself no need to split into single plugins like option 1 and 2) after that install 1.7.1 over 1.6 again, update usb drivers and expansions again, don´t rescan plugins, done)

if your plugin scanner although hangs on 1.6 while scanning your waveshell, simply put it into a seperate folder. add this folder to plugin dirs, uncheck that folder while scanning in 1.6, scann all other plugins, update to 1.7.1 and after that check the waves folder again and do a "scan new" only... if that fails you have to extract the waveshell to single plugins, put them in any other folder and scan this folder in place of the folder with your waveshell...

it can be said exactly what to do to make it done. it depends strongly on the version of wavesshell and release candidate too...

one or the other way... you will attain success.

option 4: combine that options to your needs and os/bit version

i am def. no masterbrain and it tooks me 3 hours to get all my plugins working inside mpc software on win7 64bit except one. waves included! and i mean all waves plugins. i bought mercury on a special-offer price for 4200$ 2 years ago so i can def. say that you can get these plugins working on win7 x64. I friend of mine also uses waves plugins on MAC inside the mpc software. admitted that he only owns some smaller bundles so i can speak for all plugins.

Don´t get me wrong i am absolutely with you that it is a annoying procedure but it can be done. And in any case for me it´s better to do that workarounds to have these plugins during production phase. It saves my time. 2000xl and 2500se stay at their shelfs.

sorry for my broken english i am no native ..

peace

"use your brain" don't make me laugh lol....I'll let that slide since your no native to the english language...
Anyway, I already went through the workarounds & troubleshooting weeks ago. And I use a Mac so I can't relate to anything PC in you're post at the moment. Jbridge was also part of the problem because of how it was setup on my mac.
I'm guessing Akais next couple updates will smooth things out more..

Akai (and other companies) get paid to sell the products, consumers don't get paid to troubleshoot and figure out workarounds. Jus sayin...