Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By albert80 Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:00 pm
hello guys this is my first post here.

yesterday i purchased the mpc studio to replace my mpc 1000 jjos2 but i have huge
problem and i cant move on with my new progect.
i have one sequence with 16 track and i want to copy ALL the tracks to a next sequencer
without the events(notes) and i cant do that cause i have to do this manual for eack track
so, how can i copy ALL tracks with one move to another sequence without copy the events?

a workaround i tried was to copy the seq to another seq and then clear the events from the new seq but i cant do that because when i am going to erase the events i do not have an option to erase all tracks but i have to erase one track by one.

so how can i erase all track's events or copy tracks from one seq to another seq without having to do that one by one track?cant find it in the manual or in the net so i am stucked to the first
sequence and i cant move on.are there any workarounds?THANKS and sorry for wrong spelling
english are not my native language.

mpc 1.8.2 osx 10.10
By QuickStrike Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:23 pm
albert80 wrote:hello guys this is my first post here.

yesterday i purchased the mpc studio to replace my mpc 1000 jjos2 but i have huge
problem and i cant move on with my new progect.
i have one sequence with 16 track and i want to copy ALL the tracks to a next sequencer
without the events(notes) and i cant do that cause i have to do this manual for eack track
so, how can i copy ALL tracks with one move to another sequence without copy the events?

a workaround i tried was to copy the seq to another seq and then clear the events from the new seq but i cant do that because when i am going to erase the events i do not have an option to erase all tracks but i have to erase one track by one.

so how can i erase all track's events or copy tracks from one seq to another seq without having to do that one by one track?cant find it in the manual or in the net so i am stucked to the first
sequence and i cant move on.are there any workarounds?THANKS and sorry for wrong spelling
english are not my native language.

mpc 1.8.2 osx 10.10

i need erase all and copy all as well.
By Jayson Wonder Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:33 am
albert80 wrote:thank you all guys for your replies .this forum is so helpful...

I would love to help if possible but I do not really understand what you want to do...

If you wanted to copy all tracks in a sequence why not just copy the sequence...

If you want to copy a specific track just use copy track...

If you just want to copy midi events from a track you can select all and cut and paste into whatever location you wish...

Does this help or am I missing your point?
By albert80 Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:32 pm
Jayson Wonder wrote:
albert80 wrote:thank you all guys for your replies .this forum is so helpful...

I would love to help if possible but I do not really understand what you want to do...

If you wanted to copy all tracks in a sequence why not just copy the sequence...

If you want to copy a specific track just use copy track...

If you just want to copy midi events from a track you can select all and cut and paste into whatever location you wish...

Does this help or am I missing your point?

hi.i wanted to copy my sequence to another sequence without copy the events,just the tracks, so i can arrange a new sequence with no events but with the tracks from my previous sequence.the only workaround i found so far was to copy the sequence and then clear all the events with delete bars function.if someone has another workaround
i would like to know.anyway thanks for your interest.you were the only who offered to help here in the forum.thanks a lot
By Mink Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 pm
I don't think being offhand about few replies is the right way to go about things.

I don't know the answer to your question, incidently. I understand what you are asking but generally I just copy sequence and then remove any events I don't want from it (although usually there is something you want to keep in there, unless you are switching to a completely different beat).

If you have tracks you know you use - it could be worth setting up a template, and then keeping this as Seq 1, and copying across to whatever sequence you need to work on.

There may be a fancy way of copying just track info without any content, and if there is I'm sure someone will be along to say :)
By albert80 Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:32 pm
Mink wrote:I don't think being offhand about few replies is the right way to go about things.

I don't know the answer to your question, incidently. I understand what you are asking but generally I just copy sequence and then remove any events I don't want from it (although usually there is something you want to keep in there, unless you are switching to a completely different beat).

If you have tracks you know you use - it could be worth setting up a template, and then keeping this as Seq 1, and copying across to whatever sequence you need to work on.

There may be a fancy way of copying just track info without any content, and if there is I'm sure someone will be along to say :)

Yes.seems that the only way is to copy sequences and delete then the events or delete bars as well .thanks a lot !