Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By hajisyard Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 pm
I find it quite interesting there are lots of requestsnor yearning for audio tracks...i can't imagine trying to mix an entire track in mpc software let alone add vocals etc. Maybe it will come.... I dream of smaller things like renaming my tracks, progs,seqfrom hardware and Sidechaining.. If anyone knows how to side chain please educate as I can't find a way to do it currently
By markski Thu May 21, 2015 10:47 pm
Give me the 5k synth in software so I can import my existing projects as is and I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.
By Bain Fri May 22, 2015 11:09 am
hajisyard wrote:I find it quite interesting there are lots of requestsnor yearning for audio tracks...i can't imagine trying to mix an entire track in mpc software let alone add vocals etc. Maybe it will come.... I dream of smaller things like renaming my tracks, progs,seqfrom hardware and Sidechaining.. If anyone knows how to side chain please educate as I can't find a way to do it currently

I don't think people are requesting audio tracks so they can mix within the mpc software. Audio tracks are great for when you want to record a live instrument or a quick vocal or synth as part of your beat. Audio tracks would also make working with the audio much easier(arranging) instead of having your audio being represented by a midi event at the beginning of an 16 bar sequence.
By Mistamixx Fri May 22, 2015 2:12 pm
hajisyard wrote:I find it quite interesting there are lots of requestsnor yearning for audio tracks...i can't imagine trying to mix an entire track in mpc software let alone add vocals etc. Maybe it will come.... I dream of smaller things like renaming my tracks, progs,seqfrom hardware and Sidechaining.. If anyone knows how to side chain please educate as I can't find a way to do it currently

You can use the same plugins that you use in your daw to mixdown in the mpc software. I want audio tracks so I don't have to export every track to inport into a daw, plus some people like me have several synth modules and we don't want to sample the modules audio. Why use two software's when the job could be done in one? Simple audio tracks (in song mode) and basic editing features would be GAME SET MATCH! Any other new features after that would just be gravy. To sum it all up. The Ren's soundcard use is limted to sampling and using the looper inside the mpc software. Audio tracks would allow full use of the Ren's soundcard with the mpc software. Right now u can do more with the Ren's soundcard in a daw than u can in the Ren's own software lol... Makes no sense :lol:
By hajisyard Sat May 23, 2015 5:52 pm
Mistamixx wrote:

You can use the same plugins that you use in your daw to mixdown in the mpc software. I want audio tracks so I don't have to export every track to inport into a daw, plus some people like me have several synth modules and we don't want to sample the modules audio. Why use two software's when the job could be done in one? Simple audio tracks (in song mode) and basic editing features would be GAME SET MATCH! Any other new features after that would just be gravy. To sum it all up. The Ren's soundcard use is limted to sampling and using the looper inside the mpc software. Audio tracks would allow full use of the Ren's soundcard with the mpc software. Right now u can do more with the Ren's soundcard in a daw than u can in the Ren's own software lol... Makes no sense :lol:

Yep I see what you guys mean. This post and the one before have given a good insight into how audio tracks could build upon positively on what's already available. From what I have seen since I got my ren, Akai seem to listen to these requests and respond accordingly where possible. Hope they keep that going and who knows.....
By Jayson Wonder Sun May 24, 2015 12:41 pm
Mistamixx wrote:AUDIO TRACKS PLEASE!! I have the Studio but when they add audio tracks I'll purchase a Ren.

Yeah, I don't really get the audio track need either. I assume you mean like audio tracks like the ASR-10 or what is on the MPC 5000?

I am using a MPC Studio and we have live to track recording / loop and samples so audio can be achieved now. Maybe I'm missing something.

I do use external gear and it is a pain to not have their audio saved with MPC data. I would not want to deal with vocals on the MPC software either. I love the software for track building but not as a full DAW

I want to save / edit names etc. From hardware also. I definitely want the ability to seach from browser to find sounds by name / category / tags etc. I have a huge library and its really tough to sort through it with this browser. Also need a better song mode with ability to make mute / volume changes without being booted out if sound mode when you touch anything. Also a better mixer mode that allows for better control of plugin tracks and their parrameters.

Still gotta admit, I love this little unit. Increased my productivity and work flow.
By Bain Sun May 24, 2015 4:09 pm
Jayson Wonder wrote:
Mistamixx wrote:AUDIO TRACKS PLEASE!! I have the Studio but when they add audio tracks I'll purchase a Ren.

Yeah, I don't really get the audio track need either. I assume you mean like audio tracks like the ASR-10 or what is on the MPC 5000?

I am using a MPC Studio and we have live to track recording / loop and samples so audio can be achieved now. Maybe I'm missing something.

I do use external gear and it is a pain to not have their audio saved with MPC data. I would not want to deal with vocals on the MPC software either. I love the software for track building but not as a full DAW

I want to save / edit names etc. From hardware also. I definitely want the ability to seach from browser to find sounds by name / category / tags etc. I have a huge library and its really tough to sort through it with this browser. Also need a better song mode with ability to make mute / volume changes without being booted out if sound mode when you touch anything. Also a better mixer mode that allows for better control of plugin tracks and their parrameters.

Still gotta admit, I love this little unit. Increased my productivity and work flow.

I've seen the workflow that a lot of people have where they open up the Ren as a plugin in Live. This is cool but imo not really ideal. It kind of sucks having to use 2 sequencers to make one beat. It's also a real pain when it comes time to arrange because you have parts of your beat in different environments. This then requires you to have to extract audio from the mpc software which is time consuming. what happens if you want to change a sound that you already extracted? You now have to go back into the Ren and extract all over again. Things like this kill my creativity.

I have always like arranging with a linear view like most daws have and I think the Ren would benefit from that as opposed to making multiple sequences and putting it all in song mode. I don't want it to be a full daw but a few audio tracks and a linear arrange mode would murk the game.

I hated chopping in Ableton but I loved everything else so I switched to the Ren. Now I love the chopping in the Ren but I lost the rest of the things that a daw makes easy.
By Jayson Wonder Mon May 25, 2015 12:01 am
Yeah I do see that point and have run into that few times before whrn midi'd up to my other external gear. I did in those cases just sample the phrases. Typically I track everything out to the DAW for mix down and eventually vocals so that's probably why audio tracks are not as important to me but I see why it might be helpful if trying to do it all on MPC. Even with audio tracks you would still need re-record those other sounds / instruments if you wanted to change the patch or phrase you played which is not really improving the work flow much or am I missing something?
By IMAKEMADBEATS Mon May 25, 2015 12:29 am
I play external keyboards (Moog, Korg SV1) and have lots of percussion I like to play and use on the fly.

If I had audio tracks, honestly, aside from some bugs here and there that continually bug me, I'd be set. No audio tracks is the only thing that makes me hesitate to open the MPC software, and sometimes makes me consider just making music directly in Pro Tools like some of my other producer homies. It's the only thing that I could be embarrassed about when some of my friend come in with FL Studio and can do that, easily. And opening the MPC as an insert in Pro Tools has never been a great workflow for me.

As of now, whenever I know I'm going to seriously play some keys over something... I just have to plan to "do that in pro tools" to dodge the workflow I'd have to use to accomplish that in the MPC.
By Mistamixx Mon May 25, 2015 2:35 am
Jayson Wonder wrote:Yeah I do see that point and have run into that few times before whrn midi'd up to my other external gear. I did in those cases just sample the phrases. Typically I track everything out to the DAW for mix down and eventually vocals so that's probably why audio tracks are not as important to me but I see why it might be helpful if trying to do it all on MPC. Even with audio tracks you would still need re-record those other sounds / instruments if you wanted to change the patch or phrase you played which is not really improving the work flow much or am I missing something?

If I wanted to re-record something in the mpc software with audio tracks I would go to that location and punch in and out when I'm done just like you do in your daw. Without audio tracks you have bounce all your individual tracks down, open your daw and inport the tracks and then play with it till it's right. Audio tracks is a must for some of us. Direct recording/audio tracks can be just as effective in the mpc software as they are in any daw. If you want to use a daw for audio tracks you could still do it but having the option to record audio tracks in the mpc software is a huge plus! If you wanted to you could record everything Vocals/keyboard modules in the mpc software and still transport everything over to your daw for mixdown. Remember the quality of the sound is mostly based on your soundcard so there won't be much of a difference between using the mpc software or your daw for recording audio.
By tonemelle Mon May 25, 2015 5:19 pm
Audio tracks would be a good addition. But STABILITY IS ESSENTIAL!! 1.8.2s features are great but the constant crashing defeats the purpose.
By tonemelle Mon May 25, 2015 5:23 pm

I don't see an issue in mixing an entire track in the software. It is a DAW. FL Studio heads mix tracks on the software all the time. Akai just got to make a stronger update that can handle 3rd party plug ins better. I've noticed alot of producers who dont use the daw with 3rd party plugs have a more stable workflow tho..
By IMAKEMADBEATS Tue May 26, 2015 1:57 am
Aye. If they added audio tracks in 1.9..... I'd be extremely happy. Extremely happy.
By pull-over Tue May 26, 2015 12:01 pm
i would like some performance effects like stutter/rewinder /fast forward for live remixing & performing...
By Mistamixx Tue May 26, 2015 4:39 pm
markski wrote:Give me the 5k synth in software so I can import my existing projects as is and I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.

This would be a great addition as well.