Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By masada2502 Tue May 26, 2015 6:25 pm
pull-over wrote:i would like some performance effects like stutter/rewinder /fast forward for live remixing & performing...

me too
By BDRAKE Tue May 26, 2015 9:59 pm
masada2502 wrote:
pull-over wrote:i would like some performance effects like stutter/rewinder /fast forward for live remixing & performing...

me too

YES! That and drag and drop midi. :popcorn:
By andreat668 Wed May 27, 2015 10:11 pm
when i going to drop this 1.9 update?
By Mistamixx Thu May 28, 2015 3:20 am
eternaldaze wrote:Realtime timestretch PLEAZE!!

This would be a good addition!
By Jfreshmusic Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:49 am
Hope it has Sequence and track labeling!!!
By Jayson Wonder Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:23 pm
jsf wrote:With anime chicks in chocolate powder

That might be even better than audio tracks.
By Caustic Yoda Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:42 am
I reall;y want to be able to copy pads to different programs, mpc2500 1000 feature still missing, and also the abilty to reorder tracks (drag from track mixer screen would do nicely)
By medearis Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:57 pm
Kinda starting to feel regret in purchasing my MPC Renaissance.

I have not been able to get it to sit right in my workflow and have almost zero use for it in standalone without Audio Tracks since I record myself playing instruments more than I sample records. Opening the program just to know that at some point soon, I'm going to add my acoustic bass and not being able to... not a good vibe.

Plugin mode is really inconvenient to say the least.

Maybe I'm looking at this shit all wrong but this thing has been a catastrophe.
It's almost like since I'm not 100% sample-based, this thing just doesn't work for me. I refuse to do work in one program, then convert/mix/export to another program JUST TO ADD A BASSLINE? Haha c'mon now...

If I had the ability to try the Ren out before I purchased it, I would have returned it instantly. I REALLY HOPE I AM NOT LOOKING AT THIS RIGHT as I WANT the Ren to work out but.... so far, in standalone mode it's like it's "SAMPLES OR GTFO!" and running it as a plugin feels like nothing makes sense.

Just tapping out stuff on the MPC 1000 into audio tracks in Ableton was nice. Want a pitched down clap over my acoustic drum set? Create an audio track... play pitched clap to my drum recording. Done. With the MPC Software as a plugin there is just too much upkeep for doing something that simple.

For what it is worth... the MPC Renaissance is my first "real" software instrument. I have never really used virtual instruments save for some sine wave in Logic so my understanding software for music makin' is quite poor/n00b.

Well, now I know... won't be buying software pieces again. The Renaissance has left a seriously awful taste in my mouth.

If I still have it by the time 1.9 comes out, I hope I can get into it. :worthy: :lol:
$700 paper weight status for now though.
By Fanu Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:10 pm
medearis wrote:Kinda starting to feel regret in purchasing my MPC Renaissance.

I have not been able to get it to sit right in my workflow and have almost zero use for it in standalone without Audio Tracks since I record myself playing instruments more than I sample records. Opening the program just to know that at some point soon, I'm going to add my acoustic bass and not being able to... not a good vibe.

Plugin mode is really inconvenient to say the least.

Maybe I'm looking at this **** all wrong but this thing has been a catastrophe.
It's almost like since I'm not 100% sample-based, this thing just doesn't work for me. I refuse to do work in one program, then convert/mix/export to another program JUST TO ADD A BASSLINE? Haha c'mon now...

If I had the ability to try the Ren out before I purchased it, I would have returned it instantly. I REALLY HOPE I AM NOT LOOKING AT THIS RIGHT as I WANT the Ren to work out but.... so far, in standalone mode it's like it's "SAMPLES OR GTFO!" and running it as a plugin feels like nothing makes sense.

Just tapping out stuff on the MPC 1000 into audio tracks in Ableton was nice. Want a pitched down clap over my acoustic drum set? Create an audio track... play pitched clap to my drum recording. Done. With the MPC Software as a plugin there is just too much upkeep for doing something that simple.

For what it is worth... the MPC Renaissance is my first "real" software instrument. I have never really used virtual instruments save for some sine wave in Logic so my understanding software for music makin' is quite poor/n00b.

Well, now I know... won't be buying software pieces again. The Renaissance has left a seriously awful taste in my mouth.

If I still have it by the time 1.9 comes out, I hope I can get into it. :worthy: :lol:
$700 paper weight status for now though.

Why not use the looper? I recently gave some training on the Ren to a guy who plays the bass and he was totally digging the looper. From that, you can export the sample onto a track.

The not-so-great thing about that – compared to audio tracks – is that if you have sample that's 4 bars long and you stop the song and then try to play it from bar 2 mark, it won't play, since it's being handled as midi...whereas an audio track would totally do the job there.
By Mistamixx Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:07 pm
pspsounds wrote:^ This is the main reason why many people would like audio tracks.

Yes Sir!
By RayDeeyay Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:32 pm
Yep, agree with many posters here. Audio tracks and I would use my Ren as more than just a 4 MIDI interface, audio interface. The single reason I have not sold it is that I believe it will happen with the next update. Faith over logic (or indeed Reason) perhaps?... :)
By JAH Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:31 am
tonemelle wrote:Audio tracks would be a good addition. But STABILITY IS ESSENTIAL!! 1.8.2s features are great but the constant crashing defeats the purpose.

If you are experiencing crashes, I suggest you send a PM to Masada or Hellfire with the details if you haven't done so already. Active testing for the next update is in progress. Bugs can't be fixed if Akai doesn't know about them.

Jah
By Technician Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:05 am
It would be nice if they changed the interface of the stock plug-ins like Logic did with their compressors. Definitely would like a way to select names for tracks from the hardware (kick,snare, etc.). However at this point im pretty content with the Ren.