Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Jayson Wonder Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:23 pm
So will my studio and ren become like my 5000 abandon and forgotten about. I doubt they will keep working on the software once a new unit comes out.
By Eyalc Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:26 pm
Pretty sure the point is that the software won't change. So shouldn't be like abandoning the 5000 (I feel the same way btw - I have a 5000 too). Backwards compatability will most certainly give the current Ren and Studio a shelf life after this release though. But honestly, if it functions standalone (true standalone, as in, not connected to a computer), then I'm all for it. Personally wouldn't care about the price tag to have an advanced, standalone MPC again.
By Jayson Wonder Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:42 pm
Eyalc wrote:...But honestly, if it functions standalone (true standalone, as in, not connected to a computer), then I'm all for it. Personally wouldn't care about the price tag to have an advanced, standalone MPC again.

I am with you 100%!!! Bringing a standalone back to the market would be the best MPC news for me.
By Fanu Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:32 pm
dryad-66 wrote:how does it sound? :hmmm:

People should realize that there are no more devices that color the sound (if that's what you mean). That goes for DAWs, too – they all sound the same as they are.

Early MPCs did color the sound, but they were not intended to do that. We've reached the technology that produces pristine audio after sampling, and it'll be like that forever – and that's what Akai wanted even way back...it's just the then contemporary technology (converters) that were so "poor" that they were not able to give you uncoloured samples.
There may be plugins to color the sound, but you can be almost 100% sure there won't be an MPC that will change the sound after sampling the way the older ones did.
Algorithm/plug-in-based emulations such as those in Ren (software), that's a different thing.
By GNRFAMZT Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:40 pm
Pete Brown wrote:The prototype was running an Intel Next Unit of Computing (NUC) with a core i5. It did not require any external PC. You can even hook a keyboard, mouse, and external display to the MPC if you want. That said, I was able to do all the sample loading just using the touch screen and a thumb drive.

http://de-bug.de/musiktechnik/kommt-die ... -embedded/

By funkycoldmedina Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:32 am
So then how would we use synth plugins on MPC pads like we can do with the Ren? I'm just a little worried about this whole "system already built in with no way to change it" thing. Akai has dropped the ball year after year and product after product when they're the ones deciding which features we get. They ALWAYS leave out crucial features, especially on their first rounds/initial releases.

PS-This thing better have 10 audio outs!!!! (or more than that is fine too!!!)
By Eyalc Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:56 am
^^ This is a good question, but I think this problem is already solved. They already have that software (comes with the new Advance Keyboards) that acts as a host for running plugins. And with that, the Advanced Keyboards can interact with a plugin (view patches, settings, send midi to it, etc). No difference in including that software with this type of MPC, and allowing the same type of interaction from this MPC screen. If you want to use plugins - launch that host and connect the MPC to your computer. Don't want to use plugins, use the MPC standalone. As soon as I saw those Advanced Keyboards comes with that software, I thought this would be the direction of a new MPC. At least that's what I'd be trying to do with a new MPC. :-)

Now, saying all that, if this is what they're up to, then I don't know how they can avoid rendering the current Ren / Studio / software obsolete. But this solution would be SO much better IMO, that it wouldn't even matter. LOL. I'm sure it would make some people unhappy, but I bet there'd be a LOT more happy people.
By GNRFAMZT Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:38 am
this one goes directly to the akai staffers:
hey, whats up, pete goodliffe, geoff smith, andy mac, dan gill, glen darcey, peter thom, alex souppa, john mcauliffe, chris parks, ultan henry, david brenan, patrice tarabbia and jennifer hruska?
feel free to use my product name suggestion.
i´d be rather happy if you pick "mpc ultra".
as a depeche mode devotee it would always remind me of the title of their ninth studio album, released in ´97.
By Fess Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:00 pm
GNRFAMZT wrote: "mpc ultra"

Corny AND wack...
By mr_debauch Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:48 am

like trap music... probably
By Mistamixx Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 pm
I hope the software includes audio tracks, and the soundcard should have at least four audio inputs that can be used simultaneously. Quarter inch/XLR
By Chillin Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:17 pm
richie wrote:A year from now people who bought this will be asking why their software keeps crashing.

:lol:
By Chillin Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:20 pm
mr_debauch wrote:

like trap music... probably

Akai has several native soundpackages. Such as House etc...