Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By marcelmotif Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:38 am
Hello, Hi from Colombia! I want to know some idas about the best DAW intigration with MPC studio as pluggin. What is your preference? Actually I'm using Logic Pro X, in my concern is not to easy to handle the MIDI recording and similar issues.
By dustymaestro Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:43 am
I'm getting pretty good results with Ableton Live. When I use the MPC as a plugin, I tend to do drums and samples in the MPC software. Your choice whether to route to your other DAW for effects.

I use the rest of Ableton for the audio and midi information.
By pspsounds Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:41 am
dustymaestro wrote:I'm getting pretty good results with Ableton Live. When I use the MPC as a plugin, I tend to do drums and samples in the MPC software. Your choice whether to route to your other DAW for effects.

I use the rest of Ableton for the audio and midi information.

I too am getting good results with Ableton Live. Right now using the MPC plugin for drums.
By fifEST Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:45 pm
I have similar question but not exact same as him but i would not to make just a new theard.

My question is, is there some other daw - where i can use MPC Studio Black functions as a whole..
Like... atm - i really like MPC Software but plugins what i use in FL for mastering is in MPC software a bit different and harder imo...

Atm how i make new beats is - i make drums into mid file so in FL i open the sample and the piano roll, where i insert the mid file like snare rolls or whatever..

Any solution into my problem.

For example i dont like EQ in MPC software...and im really comfortable to use FL - is this somehow possible because i like my mpc but i dont want to sell it because it does'nt communicate well with FL...
By kingP1n Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:43 am
good results? i need to see yall use mpc inside of ableton..cause everytime i ue it its completely **** hell.

also having all drum tracks recorded as 1 in ableton sucks ass cause then i cant import stems

viva colombia!
By MPC-Tutor Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:05 am
I seriously doubt third party DAW integration is going to get any better with 2.0 as the introduction of more DAW-like features within the MPC itself is probably going to see Akai pushing the idea of using the MPC exclusively for the entire production process. For example, audio tracks, phrase loop programs (e.g. 'clips'), real time stretching/pitch and warping seems like they are integrating more and more core aspects from Ableton Live; not so much a Maschine clone, more Push.
By dustymaestro Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:14 am
kingP1n wrote:good results? i need to see yall use mpc inside of ableton..cause everytime i ue it its completely **** hell.

also having all drum tracks recorded as 1 in ableton sucks ass cause then i cant import stems

viva colombia!

Record your hell first, show us. I'm not sure why you would record drum tracks as 1. What does that mean? It's already in your DAW. If your recording it, does it or doesn't it work?
By tonemelle Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:49 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I seriously doubt third party DAW integration is going to get any better with 2.0 as the introduction of more DAW-like features within the MPC itself is probably going to see Akai pushing the idea of using the MPC exclusively for the entire production process. For example, audio tracks, phrase loop programs (e.g. 'clips'), real time stretching/pitch and warping seems like they are integrating more and more core aspects from Ableton Live; not so much a Maschine clone, more Push.

This.
I cut the middle men out a long time ago. I like having my process under one roof. It's definitely a process with the MPC "Software" (someone had a hissy fit a while back when I referred to it as a DAW) but I'm figuring the reason for the long wait is because Akai is building it as a full functioning DAW. I'm expecting my current workflow to be compromised, but hopefully improve it.
By TheUnfuckwithable Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:56 pm
fifEST wrote:I have similar question but not exact same as him but i would not to make just a new theard.

My question is, is there some other daw - where i can use MPC Studio Black functions as a whole..
Like... atm - i really like MPC Software but plugins what i use in FL for mastering is in MPC software a bit different and harder imo...

Atm how i make new beats is - i make drums into mid file so in FL i open the sample and the piano roll, where i insert the mid file like snare rolls or whatever..

For example i dont like EQ in MPC software...and im really comfortable to use FL - is this somehow possible because i like my mpc but i dont want to sell it because it does'nt communicate well with FL...

just use your preferred 3rd party plugins inside the mpc software.
By dustymaestro Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:37 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I seriously doubt third party DAW integration is going to get any better with 2.0 as the introduction of more DAW-like features within the MPC itself is probably going to see Akai pushing the idea of using the MPC exclusively for the entire production process. For example, audio tracks, phrase loop programs (e.g. 'clips'), real time stretching/pitch and warping seems like they are integrating more and more core aspects from Ableton Live; not so much a Maschine clone, more Push.

Well if history matters, Akai did improve it.

When the Touch first came out you couldn't

use XY effects within the plugin, you

couldn't use plugins within the plugin. Now

you can. Unless they abandon it as a plugin,

why wouldn't they improve on their

product? I have no problems using it with

Live. It seems like there are a few DAWs that

don't work right. Maybe there

inexperienced, maybe there computer is

the problem.
By fifEST Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:41 am
**** wrote:
fifEST wrote:I have similar question but not exact same as him but i would not to make just a new theard.

just use your preferred 3rd party plugins inside the mpc software.

for example i tried to add Izotope 7 for mastering into MPC studio software but it's somehow no support the program so i did'nt spend much time for it