Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Steven805 Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:56 pm
I recently bought an MPC studio I have a Mac computer and a presonus audio interface, my problem I'm having is I can't sample/Record any of the tracks I want to sample on both vinyl and YouTube videos, the sound is coming out of the speakers but the MPC isn't receiving any sound, I've looked every where and can't find a solution I have The output and input set to the interface but it's still not working and I don't know what to do, if anyone could help I'd appreciate that!
By dustymaestro Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:46 pm
Steven805 wrote:
dustymaestro wrote:What is physically being routed into the Touch?

It's a MPC pro studio and I have it connected to midi in/out in the presonus audio interface

You can't route audio from the computer to the software. You need either a physical connection or you need to load it from a file.

Ive never tried to physically route the outs to the inputs though. Just turn off your "monitor" switch. :hmmm:

You could also use these free apps called Audacity and Soundflower. Sound flower routes audio from app to app. Audacity is a free audio editor. You would than save the file and load it into the MPC software.
By greavous420 Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:01 pm
You don't need MIDI connections. To record from youtube I generally just use a youtube mp3 download website. If you want to skip that step; on my Focusrite interface it has a couple of 'loopback' channels I use here and there that you can assign something to via the software mixer it has so I assign the general output to them and then select use the loopback inputs in the MPC sample record. Don't know if the PreSonus will have a similar thing.