MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:32 am
I think its the same model as the screen on that model also seems to overlap the console just like this new 'leaked' model X.. :popcorn:
By inflict3 Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:42 am

Standalone with a touch screen.. :fku: :popcorn:
By zangetsu01 Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:36 am
What I've noticed about this new fcc entry is that it doesn't say that its a stand alone unit. It might just be an controller with a touchscreen. If that's the case it will be perfect for me.
By zangetsu01 Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:44 am
Living Bate wrote:I don't think I will ever buy an MPC with a touch screen.......its just not the way I want things to go.......ever.....

Why not..?? A Renaissance type of MPC with a touch screen would be a win + win situation.. It would be the best of both worlds.. :worthy:
By TheUnfuckwithable Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:57 am
Living Bate wrote:I don't think I will ever buy an MPC with a touch screen.......its just not the way I want things to go.......ever.....

:nod:

Editing samples on the Touch seems awkward as hell.
By Living Bate Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:58 am
zangetsu01 wrote:

Why not..?? A Renaissance type of MPC with a touch screen would be a win + win situation.. It would be the best of both worlds.. :worthy:

I just don't feel we should always incorporate touch screens into everything just because we have the technology....

I like MPC's to be a bit more rustic in nature.....
By MPC-Tutor Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:02 am
I agree that some aspects of the touch screen simply don't work as well as you'd hope, sample editing being one of them. While it looks cool to pinch and zoom etc, it's pretty clunky in action. However (as described in my Touch book, available at all good book shops...), a hybrid workflow using a combination of data wheel and tapping the screen for selection purposes is incredibly fast. So basically the touch screen is used instead of cursor/arrow keys to quickly navigate around the screen to select the next parameter. Works well.
By Icepulse Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:04 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I agree that some aspects of the touch screen simply don't work as well as you'd hope, sample editing being one of them. While it looks cool to pinch and zoom etc, it's pretty clunky in action. However (as described in my Touch book, available at all good book shops...), a hybrid workflow using a combination of data wheel and tapping the screen for selection purposes is incredibly fast. So basically the touch screen is used instead of cursor/arrow keys to quickly navigate around the screen to select the next parameter. Works well.

I chalk that up to the fact that the MPC Touch's screen was really just mirroring a hidden window running on the host PC, which traditionally is a laggy affair. If you've edited samples on the iMPC Pro app, you'd see just how juicy things can be.

I have much higher hopes for touchscreen performance on a standalone. Also, it looks like one big difference between the Touch and the images of the LIVE prototype is the screen. It looks like they're upping the tech there.
By Icepulse Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:12 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Icepulse wrote: Also, it looks like one big difference between the Touch and the images of the LIVE prototype is the screen. It looks like they're upping the tech there.

Could you elaborate on that, what did you spot that is different to the Touch screen?

It looks flush w/ the body, vs. depressed like on the Touch. It's listed as "capacitive", which means it's triggered by electrical charge from your fingers (vs. pressure, which I believe the Touch used). This usually = better response.