MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:47 pm
Ill-Green wrote:Yeah I never used timestretch except in video, but in audio I usually pitch tune a sample up or down and get it in key with pitch shift.

Ok gothca
By Coz Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:08 pm
Wasn't there talk of 5 different algorithms for time-stretching? It could be quite useful if it sounds good.

Time-stretching on the 2KXL could take hours to complete and it still sounded terrible! :lol:
By Danoc Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:57 pm
Machine Masters showed they look the same but are not the same size. Plus the Live is a bit heavier. The Touch is a controller it really didnt need to be haevier or big. The Live has all types of things in it from the chip in it to the mother board supporting the outs, phono rca etc.

But Akai or some company need to make a baf definitely for the X. That screen hanging off the back needs to be designed well if thet do.
Ill-Green wrote:I notice the dimensions are slightly different between the Live and Touch, not just thickness but length and width too.

Touch is 16.2"x8.6"x1.92"

Live is 16.7"x8.8"x2.7"
By Danoc Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:06 pm
You're joking right? lol dont be talking bout my ex wife the2000XL lol lmao
It was ok not like how Reason 9 And studio one has time strecth. If you stretch anything out to much that glass crinkling digital madness happens.

What l love though you can stretch out short 808 basses and it sounds great with a dope tail.

You and l can have a double X wedding cause we bout to get married again haaahaaa lol :lol:

Coz wrote:Wasn't there talk of 5 different algorithms for time-stretching? It could be quite useful if it sounds good.

Time-stretching on the 2KXL could take hours to complete and it still sounded terrible! :lol:
By AkaiProAU Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:13 am
highrolla wrote:the most important part for me is how do these pitch/stretch algos sound and not if they are on board or not..just to say we have it means not very much to me.
there are fkn huge differencies in quality..compare pitch n time pro,radius ,waves timeshift or others to each other..there ae not subtle differencies,some sound piss poor on certain materials..
same for the preamps,converters,..if they lackin they are basicly useless..

i really really hope that these new boxes dont wanna dance on all partys at the same time and finally fail to deliver all over the place..quality over quantity
..i really would love to like them new boxes hah

I believe it's the same algorithm as found in the new Denon DJ Engine Prime software. And if you've seen the YouTube video on the SC5000 Feature Presentation, it's pretty impressive when pitched +/- 50%.

Check this video @ 5min5sec mark:
By chino Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 pm
In case anyone is looking for a travel case for the MPC Live…

The SKB (Model: 1SKB-SC2111)case will fit the MPC Live. It has an outside pouch to hold headphones, wires etc., a shoulder strap & is very well padded on the inside to protect your gear. The link is below:

Interior Length: 21.50 in (54.61 cm)
Interior Width: 11.25 in (28.58 cm)
Interior Depth: 4.00 in (10.16 cm)

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/ ... o=&c=85&s=
By dorsey Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:10 pm
jpeg wrote:well well well; next week is march so deliveries should start trickling in; so should be interesting to see see the first real reviews.

I don't think anyone will have any in March do you?
Not with the date being April for the live now...