MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Wormhelmet Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:23 pm
If I do buy an X or Live, most likely would drop a 250gb in there and buy a seperate 2 TB USB backup drive. Maybe upgrade the ssd to larger as prices drop on ssd drives. I don't record audio tracks very often. Mostly use midi channels and samples.

I'm pretty patient though, so probably would buy one of the standalones after prices drop on the units themselves plus ssd drives in larger sizes. Depends on how it handles multisample instruments too. I wouldn't want some extensively multisampled instrument to use up all my RAM just for the one instrument. I don't foresee a situation where I wouldn't setup some other hardware synth or rompler with it. Even if it is the Live on battery and something like my Circuit or JX-03 with it also running on battery power.
By richie Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:38 pm
Fanu wrote:Ha.
Recently, a client of mine went all ALL CAPS on me with his fury, as I mixed and mastered his hip hop album, and he said it doesn't sound as good as Dr Dre's stuff.
People gotta chill a bit!

Here is what you do:

- Take the default stems, mix down without any adjustments.
- Raise mix by +8b
- Normalize to 50%
- Raise mix again by +8db
- Raise the 30-50hz range up by +10db
- Encode at 22.5khz 64kbps mp3.
- Import and run Waves L2 with high threshold, high gain.
- Upload to YouTube for that "Analog sound"

Finished.
By Dj Bo Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:04 am
zangetsu01 wrote:I don't understand these guys at BAXshop. They've raised the price from 1799,- to 1899,- for one week and now they've dropped the price back to 1799,-

Well Bax Shop seems like they haven't got their administration in order. With all the changing dates and all. But good for the guys and gals who want to order their X. You got a great deal by the way with your 10 % discount on the 1799 price. Hope the price will be around 1620 for me if I want to buy the X next year.
I still got my pre-order for the Live. They told me I'm the first to order with Bax Netherlands on January 19th, so I will get it once they have their first batch. IF they get their administration right :roll:

Thomann finally got a date for the X. For the last two months it was ' not yet available', now it's end of May. (1899) They stuck with the late april date for the Live for about a month now.
By starmanwarz Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:41 pm
I wonder if Akai actually believed they were able to deliver a Q1 release or deliberately lied when they first announced a February/March release, for whatever reason.

They've been working on the hardware for 3 years now and they are still making changes as we speak. They are even making last minute aesthetic changes. Seems like a rushed product launch to me and it makes me worry about quality.

And they are not even releasing 2.0 for existing Touch/Ren/Studio users. What's the hold up? I mean, it's only a 1.9 reskin with a few extra features. Just let them have it and report any issues it might have, before the release of the new units.
By chino Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:34 pm
starmanwarz wrote:I wonder if Akai actually believed they were able to deliver a Q1 release or deliberately lied when they first announced a February/March release, for whatever reason.

They've been working on the hardware for 3 years now and they are still making changes as we speak. They are even making last minute aesthetic changes. Seems like a rushed product launch to me and it makes me worry about quality.

Akai would NEVER lie to their customers! :shock: :Sigh: Akai products (in particular their MPC software) has always been reliable & stable- :lol: :lol: :lol:

Akai is just living up to the commonly held understanding of….
NOT. AVAILABLE. MAYBE. MAY… The retailers- on the other hand, may be fudging the availability dates for a boost in preorders! :popcorn:
By Danoc Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:51 pm
WTF! Are you serious? :WTF: they are buggin.

zangetsu01 wrote:I don't understand these guys at BAXshop. They've raised the price from 1799,- to 1899,- for one week and now they've dropped the price back to 1799,-
By Danoc Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 pm
Hmmm something to hope for. :smoker:

Dj Bo wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:
Thomann finally got a date for the X. For the last two months it was ' not yet available', now it's end of May. (1899) They stuck with the late april date for the Live for about a month now.
By Living Bate Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 am
Wormhelmet wrote:To tell the truth, I have been rapidly losing interest in the MPC standalones. All the hype and then hush and moving dates, videos that don't really emphasize anything new I can't get out of current devices I have or other vendor flagship products has left me a bit unexcited now.

Same here…..when the details of the new units first dropped I was pretty excited by it and had a definite interest. The way things have gone since has left me pretty despondent, to the point I could barely give a fug.

I see no point in discussing pre-orders, release dates or even features, cos its all just a load of bollux really…..

Shocking business acumen from Akai….
By zangetsu01 Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:58 am
I was wondering how everyone (the early adopters) are preparing for the new units??
I myself as I don't have a MPC at the moment (sold the Touch & 2500) I'm using the software to built drum program kits out of my favorite/most used vsti's so I can use them in standalone once I receive my 'X'.

Question: Is there a fast way for the MPC software to automaticaly delete the silent areas while chopping to program? Right now I'm discarting the areas outside of the samples by hand and it very time consuming.
By Blue Monster 65 Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:01 pm
Glad to read the various opinions on how big a hard drive some of you are thinking of installing. As I've never had an MPC before (but have a Live pre-ordered), I was wondering how big I should think about going, should I decide this is the machine for me.

Crucial SSDs are relatively inexpensive (I've got one in my MacBook Pro and another as a backup), so I am guessing I'll go with one of those. Any particular brands that should be looked at, though?

(OT: First post. Looking forward to working with an MPC!)
By M.s Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:20 pm
[quote="zangetsu01"]I was wondering how everyone (the early adopters) are preparing for the new units??
I myself as I don't have a MPC at the moment (sold the Touch & 2500) I'm using the software to built drum program kits out of my favorite/most used vsti's so I can use them in standalone once I receive my 'X'.

I got rid of all my MPCs as well, Touch, Ren, and JJOS 1k.. I **** with Live 9.5 and Push 2.. I will tell you and everyone else in this forum, I am a MPC head for real and always will be, but the Live 9.5 software is where Akai is "trying" to go. WorkFlow is crazy smooth especially with automations. I'll get the X, but if it isn't what I hope for I'll put sell it quick. Akai has lost much faith from me, Live 9.5 with Push 2 is **** sick, I highly highly recommend any MPC head to check it out.