Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Ace Boog Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 pm
Hi there.

I will try keep this short clear as possible. I have an MPC studio, focusrite 18i20 interface, Moog Sub 37 and an iMac. Now.....I want to play and record the sounds which are on the Moog direct to the MPC software, not midi but actual audio. Is this possible or do I need to record what I play like when I’m recording a sample from vinyl? At the moment when I hit record on the MPC software and hit the keys on the Moog, I can hear what I play and I can also see the notes mapping out on the software but I can’t hear anything when I try playing it back.
Do you have a solution?
Many thanks in advance.
Adrian
By Lampdog Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:07 pm
You see the MIDI notes in software. MID is not audio. Where is the moog audio being routed to?

Your not detailing the whole setup here. What's connected to what and how. Everything, spill it.
By Ace Boog Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:21 pm
Midi from Moog straight to the mpc...in to out and out to in. Audio out from Moog to input on the interface.
By ntalec Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:49 pm
Did you setup/select the proper MIDI ports for both input and output in the MPC software?
Do you have the Moog receiving from the proper MIDI channel from the MPC software?
Also be aware that when the channels are correct you will have to watch out for a MIDI loop.
By Ace Boog Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:30 pm
From what I know all is connected correctly. Am I right in saying the MPC software doesn’t support audio tracks? I have noticed a lot of talk about this. I’m trying to play the synths sounds direct to the sequence, which I now believe is not possible. Is this right?
By Ace Boog Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:47 pm
Lampdog wrote:You see the MIDI notes in software. MID is not audio. Where is the moog audio being routed to?

Your not detailing the whole setup here. What's connected to what and how. Everything, spill it.

I know mid notes are not audio. I’m asking is it possible to play the synth direct onto a sequence? Or do I have record what I play on the synth like how I would record a sample in sample edit?