Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By nix Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:31 am
I've upgraded to 2.0 a week ago, here are few quick observations;

- Ren no longer exhibits those pops n clicks as with 1.9 when using ren interface directly connected to 2017 imac usb 3.0 port - so it's finally fixed...at least it seems so.
- Every 1.9 project loads up with no problem.
- GUI looks nice, it will take some time getting used to the new layout, but you'll graps it in no time.

- Only downside for the upgraders is that 2.0 requires that 1.9 be removed (not sure if the trial demands it too), so by default you cannot have both 1.9 and 2.0, which would be great if you could. Maybe you can backup the 1.9, install the 2.0 and return the 1.9 backup, I didn't try that....
By fluxsta Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:51 am
Downloaded the trial version, liked it and will buy it. Didn’t like how it overwrote my original software and needed a total reinstall? Bit cheeky on the marketing front there with a real hard sell or am I being a conspiracy theorist? :)
By Living Bate Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 am
does seem a bit of a shame you can't keep two versions installed...

but then i guess it could legitimately be to increase stability...

but then again....

this is Akai

By GedaBlaq Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
waq wrote:Nice, but i am wondering if we get a new tutorial for the ren?

Yes, the plan is to create an 'MPC Ren & MPC Studio 2.0 Bible', but I need to put some feelers out to try to gauge how many people would be interested in this.

Count me in Tutor. :worthy:
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:03 am
It works beautifully when I use the Ren with my Motif. Sounds from my Motif can be tracked into the software's audio tracks through the Motif's Firewire audio interface.

I was going to replace the Ren with The X, but I heard the sequencer is suspect. So I guess I'll stick with The Ren, for now.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:07 am
Living Bate wrote:does seem a bit of a shame you can't keep two versions installed...

It is possible to have both versions installed simultaneously (on a Mac at least, but probably also Windows), I've not thoroughly tested it but it seems to work, but it involves a bit of effort to get the effects working on 1.9 (the 2.0 install deletes the 1.9 'Fx' folder so you have to manually reinstate it from a backup).