Bug reports & end-user tech support for Akai's generation of MPC Software 'controllers' - MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio.
By sbtst6 Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 pm
1st thing i did was check all cables. all seem good cause the buttons and knobs wouldn’t be working if i had a cable problem on El captain iMac

2nd check was try on my old iMac to make sure i don’t have a hardware issue. Everything works on the old Yosemite iMac (touch screen, knobs, etc..) as it should.

3rd I’m trying to uninstall all the software and reinstall.. the problem with the touch screen still exist… Also, i notice that the uninstall doesn’t seem to get rid of everything associated with the MPC Touch

4th Seeing as the uninstaller doesn’t get rid of everything.. I went to the 2.0 installer show package contents to uninstall from there.. all the Uninstalls work fine except for AkaiTouchPanel_1.0.2.dmg. When trying to uninstall I get the following: “That operation failed due to error 5364. You may wish to try again”

The MPC touch was working fine until a week ago. The touch screen displayed, but stopped functioning as a touch screen. Im thinking this Akai Touch Panel install is the problem. Is there a way to manually uninstall it and/or all the MPC touch components to do a fresh install of everything?? Kind of lost seeing as i got half and MPC Touch working. I have contacted Tech Support 7 days ago and counting, and I have yet to receive a response within 24-72 hours window..

Any help or ideas to get back up and running is greatly appreciated

Thank You
By Zaphod Beeblebrox Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:51 am
I’m having the same problem albeit under OSX High Sierra so would be interested to hear if you solved it?

Luckily for me I still am able to run on my other Mac under OSX Sierra. I originally thought maybe it was just an issue with the DisplayLink bug under High Sierra but your post suggests maybe not.
User avatar
By DJ AMBUSH Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:00 pm
sbtst6 wrote:1st thing i did was check all cables. all seem good cause the buttons and knobs wouldn’t be working if i had a cable problem on El captain iMac

2nd check was try on my old iMac to make sure i don’t have a hardware issue. Everything works on the old Yosemite iMac (touch screen, knobs, etc..) as it should.

3rd I’m trying to uninstall all the software and reinstall.. the problem with the touch screen still exist… Also, i notice that the uninstall doesn’t seem to get rid of everything associated with the MPC Touch

4th Seeing as the uninstaller doesn’t get rid of everything.. I went to the 2.0 installer show package contents to uninstall from there.. all the Uninstalls work fine except for AkaiTouchPanel_1.0.2.dmg. When trying to uninstall I get the following: “That operation failed due to error 5364. You may wish to try again”

The MPC touch was working fine until a week ago. The touch screen displayed, but stopped functioning as a touch screen. Im thinking this Akai Touch Panel install is the problem. Is there a way to manually uninstall it and/or all the MPC touch components to do a fresh install of everything?? Kind of lost seeing as i got half and MPC Touch working. I have contacted Tech Support 7 days ago and counting, and I have yet to receive a response within 24-72 hours window..

Any help or ideas to get back up and running is greatly appreciated

Thank You


I think it could be the MIRRORING option that turns on when you run the Akai software. I would start there.
Next check out Akai's website to see if there is an update. Try to get the latest and greatest.

I was running Yosemite then I went to Sierra. I am gonna wait on the upgrade. I am not convinced yet on High Sierra.

Good luck

--Ambush
By Zaphod Beeblebrox Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:56 pm
If you still have not resolved the issue it would be worth going into the MPC Preferences and opening the Hardware option. You may see that the Touch driver is listed as “invalid”. This is the issue I am getting with my Touch under High Sierra. Despite installing MPC version 2.1 with the updated drivers for DisplayLink, the issue remains.
By sbtst6 Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:09 am
This never got resolved for me.. Akai tech department couldn't figure it out either. They kept telling me that the my computer was the problem. My reply was every other USB devices is working on my mac but this one! . Akai tech support would keep sending me PC related drivers , etc.. I thought I had ended up with a bad tech.. Nope, cause he turned my ticket over to another tech (#2) that pretty much did the same thing (I AM ON Mac OSX Akai).. :? To trouble shoot we should at least be running on similar platform.. Finally, Akai had me send the hardware to them. After several weeks in there hands, i got a call from a new tech... This 3rd tech tested my hardware on a pc running windows, and not the mac OSX platform... :Sigh: The tech told me its working on my PC, you should be good to go.. :WTF: When the tech told me that, i told him to try it on a mac running sierra, cause thats what im using. So tech 3, just sent my Touch back to me cause it worked on his PC. It was a pretty dead end and a lost of time and shipping cost.....

When you fill out a tech request at akaipro, you do provided the details of what you are using hardware/software wise. Theses 3 tech obviously weren't paying attention.. I wonder how the rest of the tech staff is :hmmm: .. Seems as if the tech staff can answer all question verbally for you, that already exists on the akaipro website.. I Tried all that Akai! The answer to my problem was beyond that, and from the looks of it, beyond the techs..
By Zaphod Beeblebrox Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:29 am
I have also spoken with tech support at Akai and must have been lucky as they took the fact that I was using OSX seriously. However they have yet to come up with a solution.

With your problem, what does the MPC software say when you look at the hardware under Preferences? Does the Touch Driver.show the version number or Invalid?
By sbtst6 Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:46 pm
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:I have also spoken with tech support at Akai and must have been lucky as they took the fact that I was using OSX seriously. However they have yet to come up with a solution.

With your problem, what does the MPC software say when you look at the hardware under Preferences? Does the Touch Driver.show the version number or Invalid?



The touch screen on hardware was not functioning.. Sometimes it would have the main screen, but you could not access the parameters... I could not select a anything on touch screen, just look at... and sometimes it would be a black screen (screen on, but no MPC screen display)... So, getting to preferences and drivers was not possible... You could only use the software.. However the pads, buttons, and Knobs were responsive, Just no touch screen access...

In the process now of getting the MPC Live.. If im having driver issues / computer issues, im not dead in the water. MPC live and X dont need the computer. I have options.
By TT_Lab Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:04 am
I've had these problems, I was going crazy. I have a pc and a macbookpro, both having issues.
I've formatted my pc and install a dual boot hackintosh with HighSierra and Windows 10 in my pc, and since, I've had no problem, nor in win10, nor in high sierra,(in the pc alone, I don't use the MBPro anymore) with the Touch freezing on it display not responding and various problems that I was having.
I have not a very concise method to make it work, but I guess my experience tells me it has something to do with my system more than the unit itself.
By sbtst6 Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 am
TT_Lab wrote:I've had these problems, I was going crazy. I have a pc and a macbookpro, both having issues.
I've formatted my pc and install a dual boot hackintosh with HighSierra and Windows 10 in my pc, and since, I've had no problem, nor in win10, nor in high sierra,(in the pc alone, I don't use the MBPro anymore) with the Touch freezing on it display not responding and various problems that I was having.
I have not a very concise method to make it work, but I guess my experience tells me it has something to do with my system more than the unit itself.


Possibly a combination of both MPC Hardware and Computer....

Sorta Sidenote... I have a MPC Studio Black, that i was using to make sure software was not the problem.. With the MPC Studio it works as it should... I know with the Studio and Ren it doesnt require as many driver installations. You dont have to deal with touch screen drivers, etc... My MPC Studio is straight forward dependable! Been debating on Getting an MPC X or Live... But a Used Ren for the dedicated buttons and extra Qlinks is starting to look better and better.. The touch screen drama is pretty annoying, although I would love the XY Effects usage more than anything. Maybe a Korg Kaoss Pad VST Plugin of some sort could fill in the blank and just resample the sound mangling live and put it in an audio track..?

Feels like a new car with all the bells and whistle off the line.. But all the bells and whistles = More problems in the mix to go wrong.
By Zaphod Beeblebrox Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:11 am
sbtst6 wrote:

The touch screen on hardware was not functioning.. Sometimes it would have the main screen, but you could not access the parameters... I could not select a anything on touch screen, just look at... and sometimes it would be a black screen (screen on, but no MPC screen display)... So, getting to preferences and drivers was not possible... You could only use the software.. However the pads, buttons, and Knobs were responsive, Just no touch screen access...

In the process now of getting the MPC Live.. If im having driver issues / computer issues, im not dead in the water. MPC live and X dont need the computer. I have options.


You can actually reach the driver info through the software as well as using the touch screen. It would be useful to see if you have the identical ‘invalid driver’ issue as myself.
By Gogsinchina Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:36 am
I managed to get High Sierra working using Air Display but latest IOS update has just blocked it all again and Air Display say they don't have a workaround yet as its a major breakage for them.
How can Akai not have a product that works seamlessly with a macbook !!