Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:23 pm
Metatron72 wrote:Opening up anything under warranty will void it. Only question is does it end up serviced by authorized techs during the warranty period, and do those techs check for tell tale things like stripped and misaligned screws. I don't recall an MPC ever having any "strips" or something that will have to removed, broken or ripped to let the techs know you went inside the machine.

Actually it does not void the warranty. If you are in the USA look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Here
a link to the some articles. However with the age of the MPC Renaissance, they are not manufacturing them any longer. So I doubt is a warranty matters at this point. :)

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-warranty-void-20180411-story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2018/04/11/those-stickers-warning-that-repairs-will-void-your-warranty-are-nonsense-ftc-says/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.16d5579d8882
By QuickStrike Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 pm
monkiusz wrote:Thanks for your opinion & photo. I thought they are softer and more sensitive (but only with corx kit). Do you use it (kit)? How about installation process? Was it easy for you?

I installed the cork skit on the mpcx.. But I did not install the core kicks on the MPC Renaissance. I wish I did because it would have made it a lot more responsive. At times I feel like putting the old gray pads back in but I just need to install the corks kit on the ren. Installation and teardown of the MPC Ren is a little bit simpler than the mpcx. Only because of the touchscreen on the mpcx is more fragile liability.
By monkiusz Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:25 pm
Installed with corx. Like a feel of new pads. Installation wasn’t that hard - I’ve decided to do not remove all cables like on instructional video. I just removed two of them, blue ones. They are tricky to put back in later, but not so much I was afraid.

Pads feels a little softer and they are more responsive, just like adverised. If someone is still on a fence and not sure if modification is worth it - I would say - yes, definitely. If I could install it, with my low tech skills you probably would also, belive me.

Everything works perfect!