Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By drumjockey Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:18 am
I’m staying at the In-Laws for a few weeks during a home renovation and brought my Touch and a little portable setup to keep me sane. Crash, crash, crash. Over and over. Wifi is turned off, on Sierra on a MBPro. S&*t’s ridiculous. This is the final straw to force me to get my 2500 repaired finally. Honestly, the software seems SO unstable compared to just straight MIDI’ing a hardware MPC with Reason. Not sure why I’m posting this, other than to vent. 3 more weeks to go, and I probably will have no output the whole time if this keeps up. Frustrated...
By Lampdog Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:29 am
Correct drivers maybe?
By pk1 Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 pm
ah you need to install a driver for the high sierra. special one
By Zaphod Beeblebrox Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 pm
Interested to hear that there is a special driver for OSX High Sierra. Might solve a couple of issues I am having. Where is it available from?

In answer to the original poster, I’ve found the software to be rock solid under OSX Sierra. It did become a bit flakey when I moved some libraries from their original locations and deployed symbolic links though.
By justineastwick Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:33 am
That sucks, I was going to get a MPC Touch to use with my computer in my home studio. Was thinking about getting a MPC X, but seeing as how I'll have a computer in there anyway (and I already have the MPC Live), it would be wise to get a MPC Touch.
By drumjockey Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:17 am
I am on Sierra. Said in original post. It doesn’t work on High Sierra due to DisplayLink screen mirroring issues. So I purposely stayed on Sierra. Have barely used the Touch since I got it cause I’m so used to my other setup/workflow. Kept it around as a portable option and to dip my toe in the MPC software world, and so far I am not a fan. Doesn’t bode well for me wanting a Live or X in the future...
By drumjockey Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 am
Redownloaded and installed Touch drivers again, and redownloaded and installed drivers for my interface (Roland Quad Capture) and went a whole session without a crash. Shocking. Pretty stoked. Hope it sticks-
By Lampdog Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:16 pm
Great news man!
By DJ AMBUSH Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:10 pm
I curse AKAI for not being good software writers. I got the REN and the TOUCH and 100% hate the REN because of the software. The touch seems to have a better work flow as it reminds me of others MPCs versus looking at the DAMN screen most of the time like on the REN. Ahhh I am a gear head so that is why I have both. I will NOT however waste time on the X or Studio.
By Lampdog Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:40 pm
WUUUUUT, this dude actually still posts, lol.

I have never had faith in Akai software. As much as I wanted the X, I passed on it.
I know it's stand alone also but from what I've read it's not even up to standalone MPC4k levels.
I could be wrong as it's been updated but.... am I?
By dez perado Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:34 pm
I've been pretty happy with the touch only missing some dedicated buttons being a previous Ren user so I'm guessing that the X might work out for me in the future.
By Nick D Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:27 pm
Hello MPC Touch users!

Nick D here from the Akai Pro forum dropping in to spread some great news - The MPC Touch will be fully functional with Apple's upcoming operating system, macOS Mojave 10.14! The DisplayLink bug introduced in macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 has since been fixed by Apple and full functionality has been restored for the MPC Touch including display, touch panel, and audio/MIDI functions.

Please refer to the following link for more information regarding Akai Pro product compatibility with the Mojave operating system!

macOS Mojave 10.14 and iOS 12 Support for Akai Pro Products

Thank you!
By monkiusz Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:29 am
Glad to see Akai staff here on forums, hope you plan stay here for longer and share some info with us.