Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By xparis001 Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:21 am
you mean zoom top to bottom like in the zoom page on a 2500?
By Lampdog Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:09 am
Yeah cause sometimes you just can't see the wave but you hear something there, visually boost it!
By JAH Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 am
Technically speaking you want an option between linear and logarithmic waveform displays like the MPC 4000/5000?
By cyrus Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:15 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
xparis001 wrote:you mean zoom top to bottom like in the zoom page on a 2500?

Yup! The zoom in the sample editor!

amen!

mashine doesn't have this and sometimes i cant see any peaks depending on the sample. like lamp said, if its quiet sample there are no obviously visable peaks. on the mpc2500 jjos you could visually zoom the sample vertically so the waveform peaks were exagerated and easier to find.

needs to be able to happen on both the hardware and the software.

and please make things scrollable and zoomable with the scroll wheel of the mouse. forexample, you can actually scroll the sample browser like a normal windows browser. and for sample editor if the mouse is on the sample you can zoom.

these are some of the basic things that I definately want akai to consult the users about. example: maschine totally forgot the panic button. A total obvious thing if you would ask someone who chops samples.....DOH!!! These are the things that I don't want akai to miss, things that don't cripple the workflow individually, but added all together make things such a pain in the ass you get frustrated and say fugg it!
By cyrus Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:20 pm
JAH wrote:Technically speaking you want an option between linear and logarithmic waveform displays like the MPC 4000/5000?

yes, i think you are right. its been a while since ive used a 4000, but if i remember correctly you can zoom to make the waveform real big to put the start point exactly where you wanted ...but then you could vertical zoom, as in, keep the horizontal view the same, but the vertical axis is increased, so its as if you are making the peaks taller so you can see them

maybe 3 dedicated knobs to zoom? 1 for horizontal one for vertical? then maybe another one for pan/scrub left and right?
By cyrus Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:28 pm
after looking at maschine....im thinking if you could have mouse over the waveform and you used the scroll wheel it would have a typical zoom (horizontal), then if you had the mouse hovered over the right scrollbar area it would zoom vertically. and, as you scrolled or zoomed, the window would stay focused center to where the mouse pointer is.

or just copy soundforge or wavosour.
By Lampdog Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:01 pm
cyrus wrote:or just copy soundforge.....

Been using SF for years and I've always liked the ease of doing this.
This here would make me a very happy camper.
By Coz Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:45 pm
cyrus wrote:and please make things scrollable and zoomable with the scroll wheel of the mouse. forexample, you can actually scroll the sample browser like a normal windows browser. and for sample editor if the mouse is on the sample you can zoom.

Pinch to zoom would be a huge bonus for laptop/Trackpad users. I've got dedicated buttons set up on my Cubase controller for zooming into my arrangement, but it's still clunky.
By Explicit- Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:47 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:For the love of all things holy, Akai, PLEASE make waveform height adjustable when in the sample editor!

I use this every time I sample and chop!

Its a must
By ansiaaa Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:52 pm
just plain copy the JJOS sample editor and its workflow in every way and I'll be happy.

and give the guy some money, he deserves it for keeping the latest MPC's in business...
By rookie Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:49 pm
I say make the wave in the edit(sequence) screen like the one in P.T.s and logic,it will make the sequencer look and feel like a true Daw.but definitly the wave zoom for sample editing.