Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By mcroepster Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 pm
Oh and we will put a normal vid out, because in the rest of the world people can't watch
3D yet :? :D

By MONSTA Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:29 am
classic wrote:They just released this video yesterday Its a feature video and it goes in depth about the mpc ren and the software

IF I DINT SEE THIS VIDEO I WOULDN'T OF MADE UP MY MIND .. IM GONA PRE ORDER IT .. THX DJ HELLFIRE .. FOR THE IDEA AND classic FOR POSTING IT .. I STILL WANA KNOW WILL IT LOAD MY MPC 3000 PRO GRAMS
By Blue Haze Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:59 am
The more music is made with Ren, Studio and such the less people decry this or that is needed. From the get go the gear has been tutored for the workflow of mpcs and the videos have been listing all the features. It just seems not knocking everyone but a lot of hardware heads couldn't get down with the concept. I would have been in the same boat too a year ago if I hadn't gotten into maschine and mastered parts of it. From that experience I could imagine the possibilities of what the mpc sequencer could do comparatively if a software hybrid was done and now we can see it.

The more beat making videos that can be posted the less discord we can have in the forums cuz it is all about can you make music with it or not! All the other nonsense don't matter!!!!
By MONSTA Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:25 am
Blue Haze wrote:The more music is made with Ren, Studio and such the less people decry this or that is needed. From the get go the gear has been tutored for the workflow of mpcs and the videos have been listing all the features. It just seems not knocking everyone but a lot of hardware heads couldn't get down with the concept. I would have been in the same boat too a year ago if I hadn't gotten into maschine and mastered parts of it. From that experience I could imagine the possibilities of what the mpc sequencer could do comparatively if a software hybrid was done and now we can see it.

The more beat making videos that can be posted the less discord we can have in the forums cuz it is all about can you make music with it or not! All the other nonsense don't matter!!!!

its simple actions speak louder than words ..
By DJ Hellfire Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:03 am
MONSTA wrote:
classic wrote:They just released this video yesterday Its a feature video and it goes in depth about the mpc ren and the software

7ubI87Ic4bI
IF I DINT SEE THIS VIDEO I WOULDN'T OF MADE UP MY MIND .. IM GONA PRE ORDER IT .. THX DJ HELLFIRE .. FOR THE IDEA AND classic FOR POSTING IT .. I STILL WANA KNOW WILL IT LOAD MY MPC 3000 PRO GRAMS

Word! When I saw this vid I was like now Monsta can finally STFU about seeing a beat being made with it! :lol: I know you've been askin for this vid for almost 2 months! :lol: :lol: :lol: But did you notice the other one where Andy actually makes 2 beats?

But yeah, I pre-ordered mine the other day when I realized you don't have to put any money down! 8)
By JAH Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:11 am
scoobylol wrote:Despite still not being a huge fan of the concept.....

You are...just afraid to admit it for some reason.......
Last edited by JAH on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By m:t:c Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:58 am
JAH wrote:

Doubt it... All the things I've seen have just cemented the fact that to me this doesn't bring any workflow benefits. So there.

There's still the small "if" tho so I'll let myself be amazed if theres anything worth to be amazed about and because I'm somewhat a gear-geek I've been checking these vids out.
By Blue Haze Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:12 pm
In a few months all of the forum members will have their chance to make beats with the Ren. On the real if one can make beats with whatever you have now. The Ren won't be any different; however, if you are struggling with what you have now the New mpc aren't gonna make you any better. You can't blame it on the maschine a mpc is an mpc.
By scoobylol Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:19 pm
JAH wrote:

Sorry dude, but nothing will ever convince me that the Ren is anything more than a flashy MIDI controller with it's own take on Ableton. If I had the patience or inclination I would simply buy an MPD and map everything out and have more or less the exact same solution.

Like I said elsewhere mate, to me the ethos of the MPC is based on the limitations/streamlined nature of a dedicated hardware unit. That's what I look for in an MPC, something that gives me the complete opposite of a computers working environment.

I can however continue to appreciate Andy demo'ing this product because since day one he's been the most concise person to use it and like anyone interested in gear I enjoy watching videos, even if I don't think it's a great idea. 8)