Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MONSTA Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:34 pm
DJ Hellfire wrote:
MONSTA wrote:Digs Academy: 3 Little Digs first look at the new Akai Pro MPC Renaissance! http://vimeo.com/39623956 HEY HOW DO U UP LOAD A VIMEO VIDEO

Make a Vimeo account and upload to it!

Here's the youtube version:

i worded it wrong . i ment how do you post Vimeo videos here ..
By DJ Hellfire Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:05 am
MONSTA wrote:
DJ Hellfire wrote:
MONSTA wrote:Digs Academy: 3 Little Digs first look at the new Akai Pro MPC Renaissance! http://vimeo.com/39623956 HEY HOW DO U UP LOAD A VIMEO VIDEO

Make a Vimeo account and upload to it!

Here's the youtube version:

i worded it wrong . i ment how do you post Vimeo videos here ..

Oh, ok! :lol: You can't! Only youtube!
By iB-BOY! Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:02 am
Using the MPC inside Reason would be very cool, they support 3rd party plugins now ( RE ).

They have gui limitations though, all the new plugs have to fit into their rack format. But as you can control everthing from the MPC hardware that wouldn't be the obstacle.

A MPC Ren used with this new Reason Controller Keyboard would be a killer combo because you don't need to touch the mouse at all, not even for mixing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtGhTVUZTT4

Is there any info about the MPC Ren audio interface regarding its software?

A virtual patchbay/routing matrix and simultaneous WDM/Asio support would be nice, like the RME or cheap ESI cards can do. This way you can route anything into your preferred daw and sample whatever you want inside the computer.

Is there any info if the software will support UAD cards?
By JAH Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:26 am
UAD cards and any other VST effects are supported. I believe I read in the forums that there will be virtual outputs that can be used to route audio to and from a DAW. I don't know how extensive the routing would be...but its not really needed if you have an interface like an RME that can route audio practically anywhere you like.
By iB-BOY! Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 am
Currently i'm thinking of upgrading my interface to an RME UCX or Metric Halo ULN2 because of that routing stuff.

But seeing how responsive/low latency the MPC Ren interface seems to be, and then maybe with routing could convert it into a nobrainer for me. I'll wait with my purchase for a interface until it's clear what the Ren does offer in this regard ;)
By Rokgod Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 am

they talk about some overlooked features in depth, sounds like they will come out with a LE or other colors/etc.., and since namm they are definitely fine tuning it, they claim that they will continue support and mentions updates will be made, the mpc60/3000 sound is no BS, and I from other video of the guys rocking out in the studio I can hear that classic mpc swing/sound, also seems like they made the lights and pad lights more dark red so they don't look as pink anymore, and they also said they aren't done replicating the mpc pads of old, so i hope they get the pads right, i know they will, ideally i could use the Ren in the studio, and take a 2500 or 5000 for the road as a standalone, damnn i got some saving up to do

I hope we can change it so yellow is max velocity and pinked is low velocity *fingers crossed*