Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By sensei Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:07 am
JAH wrote:MPC users that use T/C during recording can virtually use any buffer setting. If your an MPC user that turns timing off, even a buffer setting of 512 is great. I can take my buffer down to 64 but I feel no need to do that. Using the Ren, it feels no different to me than using a hardware MPC.

Haven't used quantize in 10 year i.e. I DON'T use T/C and 512 (though never having used the Ren) will certainly be too much for me.

I think I'll wait for the studio. I'm mainly interested in the software, which is not dissing the Ren. It looks good.
By JAH Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:43 am
That is my workflow. You can drop your buffer down to 64 and turn off T/C.

I read folks reaction every time when I write that. But I notice very little difference when using the lowest settings. But in summary...I am saying that hardware users won't lose anything by using the Ren.
By @HenJayMusic Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:42 am
I was just wondering before I buy a MPC Renaissance "Can I use the MPC Renaissance as a audio interface within Pro Tools or any other DAW?"

I want to use my condenser microphone by using a MPC Renaissance, so this way I could use the MPC Renaissance for everything.
By JAH Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:04 am
@HenJayMusic wrote:I was just wondering before I buy a MPC Renaissance "Can I use the MPC Renaissance as a audio interface within Pro Tools or any other DAW?"

I want to use my condenser microphone by using a MPC Renaissance, so this way I could use the MPC Renaissance for everything.

Yes. You can use the Ren as a Pro Tools audio interface.
By Pjblues Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:27 am
I have no sound coming from my Renaissance. I am using it with a MAC. I am running out of outputs 1 & 2 to my monitors. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
By son of man Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:37 am
Pjblues wrote:I have no sound coming from my Renaissance. I am using it with a MAC. I am running out of outputs 1 & 2 to my monitors. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
make sure the ren is the output device in preferences. if you are using the mpc software, make sure the direct monitoring knob is turned to comp. if you are trying to monitor the ren's inputs, turn the monitoring knob to input.

if you are trying to sample the ren's inputs, input 1 and 2 are the analog inputs in preferences. if you are sampling via the ren's digital input,input 3 and 4 need to be selected in preferences. also, make sure you turn the monitoring option on in the sample record screen. after doing so, you can turn the direct monitoring knob to comp.
By Pjblues Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:04 pm
Ok, so here is what I am getting in Preferences:

Built-In Output
MPC Renaissance
Pro Tools Aggregate IO

I do not have Pro Tools running when using the Renaissance.

If I check the Built-In Output, the sound comes out of my computer.
If I check the Renaissance, no sound.
If I check the Pro Tools Aggregate IO, sound out of my computer.

I'm lost!
By pk1 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:59 pm
Pjblues wrote:Ok, so here is what I am getting in Preferences:

Built-In Output
MPC Renaissance
Pro Tools Aggregate IO

I do not have Pro Tools running when using the Renaissance.

If I check the Built-In Output, the sound comes out of my computer.
If I check the Renaissance, no sound.
If I check the Pro Tools Aggregate IO, sound out of my computer.

I'm lost!

check you OP i sent a suggestion on the monitor knob being to far left
By TheseusWrex Fri May 29, 2015 1:41 am
I've been considering ditching my USB mic in favor of a traditional XLR, phantom powered mic. I'd like to use the MPC Ren's audio interface. I see that it can record in 24-bit depth. Can I use the MPC Ren's audio interface with Adobe Audition or Audacity to record vocals? Before I make the investment in a new mic, I want to be sure I can do this.
By johndoe214 Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:15 pm
I just bought a mac yesterday. I've been using windows for years. I have my mpc ren plugged in with everything installed. I can't figure out how to use my mpc rens interface in logic pro x. I have my monitors plugged into the ren. When I go to preferences in logic the only options for output are system setting and built in input. It also has a checkbox to enable core audio. I dont know much about computers. Any advice?
By dez perado Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:00 pm
johndoe214 wrote:I just bought a mac yesterday. I've been using windows for years. I have my mpc ren plugged in with everything installed. I can't figure out how to use my mpc rens interface in logic pro x. I have my monitors plugged into the ren. When I go to preferences in logic the only options for output are system setting and built in input. It also has a checkbox to enable core audio. I dont know much about computers. Any advice?
i think there is some kind of usb 3 mac bug thing. you might have to use a usb 2 hub
By Fanu Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:04 pm
dez perado wrote:
johndoe214 wrote:I just bought a mac yesterday. I've been using windows for years. I have my mpc ren plugged in with everything installed. I can't figure out how to use my mpc rens interface in logic pro x. I have my monitors plugged into the ren. When I go to preferences in logic the only options for output are system setting and built in input. It also has a checkbox to enable core audio. I dont know much about computers. Any advice?
i think there is some kind of usb 3 mac bug thing. you might have to use a usb 2 hub

I think I can recall USB 3 port issue being discussed…I think even K-Def was talking about it…I *think* it has to be USB2 for the Ren, as some people def had probs using USB 3 ports.
By dez perado Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:17 pm
greavous420 wrote:There is also still the OSX Sierra bug where the interface doesn't work, only the controller. So if you have an up to date mac I wouldn't advise it.

if im right akai recently fixed the seirra. bug thing with a recent update. could be wrong im not leaving el capitan anytimr soon unless i get a more up to date mac.(im still on 2011 imac)