Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By coolderb Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:10 pm
Blue Haze wrote:Reaper the audio editor yes.

But daws such as live, logic , cubase operate on the same principle. Seems a lot of us are just getting started with software sequencers.

Reaper IS a DAW: http://www.reaper.fm/

What is REAPER?
REAPER is digital audio workstation software: a complete multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering environment.

Record audio and MIDI from multiple inputs simultaneously
Layer recorded tracks and takes over previous recordings
Edit recordings in almost any imaginable way
Hundreds of audio and MIDI processing effects included, or choose from thousands of third-party effects
All editing and effects are completely non-destructive

REAPER works with almost any hardware and can be used in combination with a vast universe of other software and plug-ins.

Take advantage of REAPER's full functionality using only your current computer and a microphone, or use REAPER to drive an entire professional recording studio.

More about REAPER for:
• Musicians and home studios
• Commercial recording studios
• Broadcast production
• Location recording
• Sound design, game development
• Education
• Science and Research
By pk1 Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 pm
Splashman wrote:one phrase:
Akai don´t tell me what i have to do with the things what im buying :fku:

you should def re- "phrase" that cause thats makes absolutely no sence at all.

here is what really happens!

i have had computer issues since the release of ren. i have a studio iMac. and macbook pro. before i purchased the studio i had ren on both. after ren i bought a new imac and a new macbook pro. before purchacing new computers i reformatted my macbook. and reinstalled mpc. so i have exhausted my license.

after my new comp purchases i couldn't load the software again. so i called tech. they are just ignorant screen readers who have never owned an mpc. [of course im stereo typing from my experance with them] i assume they are customer service for all m-audio/nukai. what ever you want to call them. they are useless dont bother calling them for any mpc help.

solution: was surprisingly easy. Email tech support. they took a few hours to take care of it but did. i explained what i did. he responded back:

"Hi,

My name is Greg and I will be happy to help!

The MPC software allows for 4 total simultaneous installations on four separate computers. The serial number you referenced - (you dont get 2 see this) - has been authorized on four computers. The first on 11/20/12, the seconf two on 11/23/12, and the final one on 11/27/12.

Would you like me to de-activate one or more of the previous authorizations?"

i said yes sir. he responded:

"Hi,

I apologize for any negative experience you may have had with any of our team members. Thank you very much for the heads up.

As I mentioned, if you need anything at all going forward, please let me know and I will be happy to help!"

done all four registrations back on. and the one on my laptop should have been one of the resets. it ever effected that license instance. so i basiccly have 5 now. (temporarily)

now the third resale sounds like it can be an issue. i havent and wont have that issue but if i was a third person purchaser and they told me i was S.O.L. and have a 1000 dollar paper weight.... :evil: it may become molotov cocktail time. :twisted:
By pk1 Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:41 pm
Nym wrote:
Blue Haze wrote:Reaper the audio editor yes.

But daws such as live, logic , cubase operate on the same principle. Seems a lot of us are just getting started with software sequencers.

wait, what? reaper is not an "audio editor."

:lol: :lol:
By andreat668 Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:27 pm
pk1 wrote:
Splashman wrote:one phrase:
Akai don´t tell me what i have to do with the things what im buying :fku:

you should def re- "phrase" that cause thats makes absolutely no sence at all.

here is what really happens!

i have had computer issues since the release of ren. i have a studio iMac. and macbook pro. before i purchased the studio i had ren on both. after ren i bought a new imac and a new macbook pro. before purchacing new computers i reformatted my macbook. and reinstalled mpc. so i have exhausted my license.

after my new comp purchases i couldn't load the software again. so i called tech. they are just ignorant screen readers who have never owned an mpc. [of course im stereo typing from my experance with them] i assume they are customer service for all m-audio/nukai. what ever you want to call them. they are useless dont bother calling them for any mpc help.

solution: was surprisingly easy. Email tech support. they took a few hours to take care of it but did. i explained what i did. he responded back:

"Hi,

My name is Greg and I will be happy to help!

The MPC software allows for 4 total simultaneous installations on four separate computers. The serial number you referenced - (you dont get 2 see this) - has been authorized on four computers. The first on 11/20/12, the seconf two on 11/23/12, and the final one on 11/27/12.

Would you like me to de-activate one or more of the previous authorizations?"

i said yes sir. he responded:

"Hi,

I apologize for any negative experience you may have had with any of our team members. Thank you very much for the heads up.

As I mentioned, if you need anything at all going forward, please let me know and I will be happy to help!"

done all four registrations back on. and the one on my laptop should have been one of the resets. it ever effected that license instance. so i basiccly have 5 now. (temporarily)

now the third resale sounds like it can be an issue. i havent and wont have that issue but if i was a third person purchaser and they told me i was S.O.L. and have a 1000 dollar paper weight.... :evil: it may become molotov cocktail time. :twisted:

Cool!

Did they ask you some prove like the receipt or something?

When i installed the software i put my name, surname and e-mail address but i didnt write down on a piece of paper the serial...is that a problem?

Every time i put the software on another computer do i have to re-type all the information?
By JAH Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:41 am
pk1 wrote:now the third resale sounds like it can be an issue. i havent and wont have that issue but if i was a third person purchaser and they told me i was S.O.L. and have a 1000 dollar paper weight.... :evil: it may become molotov cocktail time. :twisted:

Definitely sounds like it isn't wise to buy Ren/Studio secondhand.

It would be nice if you can transfer a license file to a USB key.....
By andreat668 Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:33 am
They Cant prove if you bought it brand new or second hand, specially if every time you install the software, just the serial under the controller has to match (so you can use many name and e-mail).

There isnt a license transfer cause there isnt a license...if you think about it...theoretically if someone stole your serial under the machine, can use the software (but we know thats useless cause the sound drops out).
By JAH Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:37 am
andreat668 wrote:They Cant prove if you bought it brand new or second hand, specially if every time you install the software, just the serial under the controller has to match (so you can use many name and e-mail).

There isnt a license transfer cause there isnt a license...if you think about it...theoretically if someone stole your serial under the machine, can use the software (but we know thats useless cause the sound drops out).

To save yourself from being frustrated..and spare this forum from potential rants...I would only purchase a new Ren/Studio (keep purchase order/receipt), register it with your real name and viable email address. I would install it on a desk top and maybe one laptop...that's it. Then you will still have authorizations for an emergency (eg., computer crash). I would promptly contact customer support to see if they can deauthorize a computer that I no longer plan on using the Ren/Studio with.

Done.
By TheseusWrex Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:58 pm
I only have it installed on ONE computer, and I've now gotten the "you've installed on too many computers" twice now. On the weekend, no less. No tech support on weekends. I have to wait at least until Monday for anyone to unlock this brick. I will no longer buy Akai products after this experience.
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:29 am
Splashman wrote:I don´t understand it if the software don´t work without the hardware.
I only see they want finish with the 2º hands market.
i was thinking my next buy and only for that reason i don´t want a renaissance

It does work without the Hardware. I just made a beat today without the hardware by drawing midi notes on the Piano Roll.