Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By MarkShovel Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:01 pm
Using the GRID, under the events, there is an "Automation" window. I selected the RT_Level and used the pencil cursor to re-draw the unwanted overdub level adjustments.

Is there a way to set a fixed level for the entire number of measures?

Thanks,
Mark
By JAH Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:26 am
MarkShovel wrote:Using the GRID, under the events, there is an "Automation" window. I selected the RT_Level and used the pencil cursor to re-draw the unwanted overdub level adjustments.

Is there a way to set a fixed level for the entire number of measures?

Thanks,
Mark

You can assign RT Level to a Qlink. Touching and/or turning the Qlink will record automation into the sequence.
By SirDzL Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:58 pm
There is no way to delete recorded level automation on the entire track.
I cant find a solution. Still get the automation if i copy events/track.

Any help on this one?
By JAH Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:11 pm
SirDzL wrote:There is no way to delete recorded level automation on the entire track.

Any help on this one?

1. Use Erase button; then select Erase Except for Note
2. Use keyboard short-cuts like Command + A to select all automation events then press Delete key

I would like to see more options using the Erase button and/or Sequence Edit Mode dedicated for editing automation....and also bringing back Step Edit MIDI event list editor.
By JAH Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:35 pm
SirDzL wrote:Thank you Jah, you are a great help!

No problem.

"I do..what I can do...when I can do it." Chris Tucker.
By Jayson Wonder Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:17 am
BOOMBAPXL wrote:I hope they add features to add more draw tools like ramps, curves etc.

Trying to get a linear fade from the start of one bar to the end of the second is impossible. :(

I second that! I'm also looking for a way to copy automation to other tracks.
By Jayson Wonder Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:55 am
Here is all I can find,
To add a new automation point, double-click the desired location in the automation lane.
To delete an automation point, double-click it.
To draw a curve, use the Pencil Tool (Draw Mode) and click and drag it across the lane.
To adjust several adjacent automation points simultaneously, use the Select Box Tool (Select
Mode) to select them and then click and drag any one of the automation points as desired.
By Lyricalgenius81 Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:37 am
Hi All,
im fairly new to the MPC X (had it a for about a month now) and also ive just literally started using MPC 2.0.6 today. I have recored accidentally some automation to one of my sequences. for the life of me i cannot find how to get rid of it. its muting a large majority of the tracks on the sequence right at the end of the sequence (all tracks except one track i think its recorded a solo for the pad track). I tried looking at advice above. when i select erase it brings up the ability to delete automation for individual tracks however when i select to delete automation from each track its removing the program from the tracks and i end up with the whole song in a mess.
this is frustrating me now but i know i need to learn a lot still so need to be patient.
ive also tried erase-all except notes- and it deleted all the midi from the drum track (the track i performed it on)?

once the solo automation activates it carries across into the next sequence too.

any ideas how to get rid of this. I am unsure what "command + A" is do i have this on a PC keyboard?
By sbtst6 Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:24 pm
JAH wrote:
SirDzL wrote:There is no way to delete recorded level automation on the entire track.

Any help on this one?

1. Use Erase button; then select Erase Except for Note
2. Use keyboard short-cuts like Command + A to select all automation events then press Delete key

I would like to see more options using the Erase button and/or Sequence Edit Mode dedicated for editing automation....and also bringing back Step Edit MIDI event list editor.

I totally agree better automation editing..

The Step Edit MIDI event list editor is something that has been part of my workflow since the MPC3000.. I have the MPC studio black and MPC Touch.. The MPC studio is the workhorse, because i can still access the step Edit MIDI event list editor from the hardware. If i could access this from the MPC Touch, it wouldn't be sitting in the box awaiting much needed functions for me! I don't know why this has not been included with the New touch screen models.

Only thing i can think of, at this time, is trying to push that touch screen editing workflow. For some things the touch screen is great. But the accuracy for some functions is PITA!

Considering that it is the flagship model, can someone chime in if the Step Edit MIDI event list editor is at least accessible from the MPC X?