Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Jonespnice1 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:02 pm
I know that you can export midi files but can you import midi files too?
By IMAKEMADBEATS Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:05 pm
Jonespnice1 wrote:I know that you can export midi files but can you import midi files too?

yup.
By Jonespnice1 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:09 pm
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:
Jonespnice1 wrote:I know that you can export midi files but can you import midi files too?

yup.

I've been trying to figure it out, how do you import midi?
By Jonespnice1 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:22 pm
Ok I got it to kind of work, I can drag it to project information section but it loads it to the next sequence. What I'm trying to do is make a bunch of patterns and save them to be used later, kind of like Maschine's patterns (I also do this in Reaper). Is there any way to load/import a midi file to a specific track?
By JAH Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:29 am
Jonespnice1 wrote:Ok I got it to kind of work, I can drag it to project information section but it loads it to the next sequence. What I'm trying to do is make a bunch of patterns and save them to be used later, kind of like Maschine's patterns (I also do this in Reaper). Is there any way to load/import a midi file to a specific track?

They only load as a sequence and not a specifc track. I like the idea of being able to inport to a track. As of now, I import into a Sequence and use the Copy function to copy a track from one sequence to another.
By Jonespnice1 Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:09 am
JAH wrote:They only load as a sequence and not a specifc track. I like the idea of being able to inport to a track. As of now, I import into a Sequence and use the Copy function to copy a track from one sequence to another.

That's a good workaround but it would be nice to import at the track level. Maybe I should make a feature request.
By JAH Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:38 am
Jonespnice1 wrote:
JAH wrote:They only load as a sequence and not a specifc track. I like the idea of being able to inport to a track. As of now, I import into a Sequence and use the Copy function to copy a track from one sequence to another.

That's a good workaround but it would be nice to import at the track level. Maybe I should make a feature request.

How does other DAWs accomplish this?
By Jonespnice1 Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:42 am
JAH wrote:
Jonespnice1 wrote:

How does other DAWs accomplish this?

In Reaper I can simply drag it to my track.
By HiiMasta Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:15 pm
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:

yup.

how to you import midi? i have midi patterns ...how to add inside track
By Airyck Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:16 pm
Danoblk wrote:The same in logic and ableton!

...and Cubase, and Studio One...
By Airyck Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:18 pm
HiiMasta wrote:SO IS THERE ANY MIDI IMPORT IN THE REN OR NOT? SEEMED LIKE PEOPLE JUST SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT?

derpa derpa derrrrrrrr.... read what people posted :WTF: "Yes you can import MIDI files" They get imported to a new Sequence, copy the midi from that sequence to the sequence/track you want the MIDI file on.

hope that helps :-D