Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By grinchmob Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:41 am

Will anyone be attempting this? Looks sketchy to me... :|
By grinchmob Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:30 am
godlike wrote:Yes!

It is worth it--trust me!

I want the upgrade but damn! I installed the pad assembly on my 1000 but that was a breeze, this shit looks dangerous.
By JAH Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:53 am
Sorry...but hell to the naw.

I have customized numerous MPCs (MPC 2000, 2000XL, 2500, 3000, 4000, and 5000). All of these MPCs are easier to customize than the Ren. Akai did not design the Ren with user customization in mind (I made an earlier feature request to make this a reality). While I can probably install the pads successfully....it just wouldn't be worth the effort on my part.

Plus the Ren's pads are the most responsive out of all MPCs IMO. I am curious to know how it impacts performance. So for those making this MOD please give some feedback.
By mr_debauch Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:02 am
wow.. a machine that actually looks more tedious to take apart than the roland MV.. never thought i'd see the day.
By godlike Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:07 am
I have enjoyed opening the Ren previously--just for sheer enjoyment, my friends.
By konc3pt Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 am
ren's faceplate cover is palstic :hmmm: look like this might void warranty
By Metatron72 Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:37 am
Opening up anything under warranty will void it. Only question is does it end up serviced by authorized techs during the warranty period, and do those techs check for tell tale things like stripped and misaligned screws. I don't recall an MPC ever having any "strips" or something that will have to removed, broken or ripped to let the techs know you went inside the machine.

The Ren looks similar to the MPD in being a little more tedious to open than a hardware MPC. Thinner PCB, plastic risers, weaker clips. But from the video you can see if you can just be patient and handle it carefully it's more a pain in the ass than dangerous or risky. (warranty concerns aside)

I gotta say I was wondering the same thing as Jah, are these even really necessary? I only have used the variation of the Ren's pad design on the old XR-20 and the newer LPD, but I thought they were quite good.
By godlike Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 am
I think those who use the pads for more than drums will find the fatter ones very nice. Similar to the adjusting the action on a bass guitar, the fat pads can change your approach to programing parts.

Even though I have no problems with the stock pads or responsiveness, I have already placed my order for the fat pads.
By Coz Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:43 am
Looks to be a total hassle.
By JAH Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:09 am
konc3pt wrote:ren's faceplate cover is palstic :hmmm: look like this might void warranty

Actually it isn't. It's metal. You would have to own one or at least have access to one to speak on it. You continuously post false information daily.

MPC-Tutor's hard review with factual information:
http://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-renaissanc ... -hardware/

:oops: :oops: :oops:
By konc3pt Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:52 pm
:roll: :cry: :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by konc3pt on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ThobRom Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:53 pm
mr_debauch wrote:wow.. a machine that actually looks more tedious to take apart than the roland MV.. never thought i'd see the day.

Rolands....

:?
By Danny Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:38 pm
once you've taken an imac apart this is looks pretty straight forward. :nod:

what will really make stuff interesting is when 3D printing really starts to kick off
that's gonna be insane :-D

batman jog wheel ? no worries just press print :lol: