Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By AnSolas Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 am
Hello,
did you know that you can use all vintage modes at the same time and even on different tracks?

The Vintage modes are just VST Plugins which reside on OSX in the following folder:

/Library/Application Support/Akai/MPC/Fx

There you find:
MPC60Emulator.vst
MPC3000Emulator.vst
SP1200Emulator.vst
SP120045Emulator.vst

I have just created created a new folder called 'vintage' and copied them into it:

/Library/Application Support/Akai/MPC/vintage

After that you can add this folder to you Plugin Path:

After rescanning the Plugins you can load them as regular:

The Sp1200 45 Emulator Plugin (SP ring) even has a GUI:

Have fun ;)
By andreat668 Mon May 06, 2013 10:44 am
Man you win!

yesterday Was just in the middle of tracking out some beats two mono channel at time for preserving that vintage thing...and i was coursing akai for limiting these fx just to the main out.

Ima gonna run to try this out.

P.s why you didnt put the copy of the plugs directly in your vst folder?
By andreat668 Mon May 06, 2013 11:18 am
Thanks man you made my day really!

Just tried your method and now i can use the emulations on separate tracks. (and bounce all the separate shit at one time)

im noticing that appling the mpc60 on all the tracks has a more pronounced effect than using it just on just the master :shock:

also now the sp ring is much more useable thanks to the dry/wet parameter.
By andreat668 Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 am
Kaia wrote:it will be interesting compare the sp1200 sp ring emulator with the resampler effect with the same values

To me they sounds identical.

now you can stack untill 4 emulations per tracks :smoker:

Also just tried to put the vintage fxs inside my vst folder and try to open them up on ableton live, but they seems to not work (you cant see them).

So for now their limited to the REN platform, maybe one day... :twisted:
By es-k Mon May 06, 2013 12:21 pm
thanks! works fine over here 8)

this is hilarious to me though... why no just start out having it be like this?? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

i guess now we have proof that the SP1200 ring emulation is the same at the decimator! haha (set the decimator to the same settings)

wet/dry - 96
decimate - 6
bitreduction - 8

:lol:
By Kaia Mon May 06, 2013 12:36 pm
es-k wrote:thanks! works fine over here 8)

this is hilarious to me though... why no just start out having it be like this?? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

i guess now we have proof that the SP1200 ring emulation is the same at the decimator! haha (set the decimator to the same settings)

wet/dry - 96
decimate - 6
bitreduction - 8

:lol:

yeah that's what i intended
By es-k Mon May 06, 2013 1:49 pm
andreat668 wrote:i dont want open another flame but this shows which kind of corporation is akai...guys they just fool us for the thousand time.

at the beginning they told us the emulation was hw and not software, and of course is not!

Now we discover they crippled the software without no reason, even the sp1200ring plug in emulation is just a copy of other stock plug-in.

Probably if put a stock eq and comp on the master with certain settings here we have the mpc 60 emulation... :WTF:

unfortunately i gotta agree with u there man.. and yea, im not trying to flame Akai or turn this into a Ren bashing thread... but the question is simple...

WHY LIMIT THE REN ON PURPOSE???
By AnSolas Mon May 06, 2013 1:51 pm
ah c'mon guys, just be thankful.

I really love my MPC Renaissance

I love the Volume Knob

I love the built in Sound Card

I LOVE the REC GAIN KNOB !

peace

es-k wrote:
unfortunately i gotta agree with u there man.. and yea, im not trying to flame Akai or turn this into a Ren bashing thread... but the question is simple...

WHY LIMIT THE REN ON PURPOSE???

Better late than never :)

Better point of view:
Danny wrote:Easter Egg :-D

well done AnSolas