Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By tayo Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:55 pm
Is there an easy way to use itunes (AAC) files on the ren? The files will show up but they wont load in the software.
By Metatron72 Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:12 am
Burn them to a CD and re-import them to iTunes. It usually removes any DRM if they are files purchased from when Apple used DRM. Although I can load DRM and non DRM AAC and mp3 iTunes files in Ableton no problem. But some apps seem to find the DRM and not load or load and refuse to playback.
By JAH Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:31 am
tayo wrote:Is there an easy way to use itunes (AAC) files on the ren? The files will show up but they wont load in the software.

For me....I import my iTunes files into Pro Tools which converts them to standard wave files and saves them to a folder. I have the Ren's browser pointed to this folder to load.

Does anyone know if Pro Tools Express (which can be acquired for free if you purchase a new Ren/Studio) has this capability?
By quietizkept Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:27 am
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm confused & had no luck searching. Will the MPC software load AAC files or not? Is there anything special I need to do? Dmc converter can convert videos to various sound formats, but wavs are huge and mp3 files sound meh. If I could use AAC that'd be tits.
By Lampdog Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Convert aac to mp3 @320?