Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By JordySimons Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:51 pm
Waddup Ren users.

I was wondering if its possible to send tips to akai, for asking
to make it possible to load up mpc5000 va synth programs into the renaissance software. (os 1.5 )

So far it doesnt work, but it would be awesome if there will be a vst, or somekind of option to load up the 50v files
the knobs are already there, so easy to manage, right?

the 5000 has a few very dope synth presets like the taurus bass, and spider organs.
if anybody agrees on this post, i might contact akai, to ask...
By psr Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:39 am
I spoke directly to the mpc product manager in January at NAMM about this specifically. He said it is a good idea that they hadnt thought of but that it may be very doable. whether or not it will be done remains to be seen
By pull-over Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:39 pm
4 real...the synth in the 5000 wasn t legendary...
it s a cool ad on but there are tons of synths that are better...
and how many mpc 5000 owners bought a mpc ren or mpc studio ?
By psr Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:53 pm
pull-over wrote:4 real...the synth in the 5000 wasn t legendary...

its all relative. having the 5000 synth ported over is not a bad idea.
By dazastah Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:49 am
I like using the synth in the 5000 ... Actually building/shaping your own instrument in it is quite fast and intuitive... I much prefer using synths like that rather than scolling through presets until i find something that is close enough.. Ends up taking longer...
I mostly always resample synth lines and phrases as loops anyways to hit on on pad So it doesn't bother me that much to not have it in the mpc software...
By JordySimons Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:04 am
pull-over wrote:4 real...the synth in the 5000 wasn t legendary...

yeah, but im talking about something that could be fixed easy for akai.
i know there are tons of synths doper....
5000 synth is pretty dope. the taurus bass is dope, even alchemist uses it alot!
By JordySimons Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:05 am
Better Mouse Trap wrote:I agree

I have 2 possible hit songs where those stock 5000 synth sounds make the track, I'm not talking about piano are some **** that can be replaced, it was some weird **** that was only on the 5000

They could easily add those

exactly!!!
those weird grimey sounds are nice....not the cheesy stock piano sounds...lol
By pull-over Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:59 am
the workflow was really fast because of the knobs...do you want an average quality synth ported to the mpc ? it think they should be more focus on improvement of the mpc...

it is better to have synth like diva or tyrell and programm a nice xml to get an hands on expirience on the ren...

i didn t really tried to mess with xml but i think it s worth to try out...where was the example ?
By comtox Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:48 pm
In addition, the bank/theNoise/theWUB are not synth... then It could be great to have a real synth shipped with the REN.... :popcorn:

As other said, focus on the mpc software before ! Try NI massive, Lennard Sylenth Sugarbytes Cyclop or U-He Zebra.

I really Hope Akai would finally release some skin for mainstream synth plug-ins...
By 83dude Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:24 am
Personally I think this would be a really great another expansion pack, just like Bank, Wub etc.