Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By bigced74 Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:09 am
I'm having the same problem. I tried reinstalling I got message that it was sent and that I might need to restart the ren for it to take effect but it still blank screen and pads 1 thru 4 lit up. Any suggestion?
By akaipete Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:57 am
If your first update failed and your unit appears to get stuck (e.g. comes on with no LCD display and pad lights stuck on), please:

* restart the unit (i.e. power cycle it, disconnect from computer and reconnect),
* select the "Emergency update" option in the firmware updater,
* Click "Update Now" to send the update over.
By TT_Lab Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:10 am
What is the normal response?
Because mine sais I have to wait (that the file is sent...)but my studio don't change from showing MPC on the screen...It is not stuck but it seems to do nothing either.
How do I check if I have the latest FW already installed?
By Fanu Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:58 am
highcaliba wrote:Having the exact same issue.. Ren has a blue screen.. and not functioning after the firmware udpate.

bigced74 wrote:I'm having the same problem. I tried reinstalling I got message that it was sent and that I might need to restart the ren for it to take effect but it still blank screen and pads 1 thru 4 lit up. Any suggestion?

Same here. With my Studio (didn't try with my Ren yet). OS X 10.8.5.
Update seemed to go fine (didnt mention errors), but it was stuck with 4 pads lit up.
Did the emergency update – it's still stuck.
What to do? My Studio is a brick at the moment :-/
By MPCTNT Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:13 pm
Fanu wrote:
highcaliba wrote:Having the exact same issue.. Ren has a blue screen.. and not functioning after the firmware udpate.

bigced74 wrote:I'm having the same problem. I tried reinstalling I got message that it was sent and that I might need to restart the ren for it to take effect but it still blank screen and pads 1 thru 4 lit up. Any suggestion?

Same here. With my Studio (didn't try with my Ren yet). OS X 10.8.5.
Update seemed to go fine (didnt mention errors), but it was stuck with 4 pads lit up.
Did the emergency update – it's still stuck.
What to do? My Studio is a brick at the moment :-/

I was home on my studio last night and did not realize 1.5 had dropped until I checked forum today. Crazy thing is I launched software last night and was not prompted for update. I will update after work tonight. I guess I will hold off on the firmware to see what happens or if there is a 1.11 coming or what