Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By beatspecific Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 pm
How do we check to see what firmware the Ren is running. I got the message that it didn't work and to restart the unit, but don't know how to check to see what firmware its running now...
By MPCTNT Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:08 pm
I hate to see so many of you having issues with firmware pn studio but I am glad to see several with idential problem, before I go thru the process
By akaipete Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:16 pm
Can you guys please try this...

If your unit doesn't come back after an update:

- switch off the hardware and disconnect it from your computer
- start the firmware updater app
- select the "emergency update" mode (don't press "Update Now" yet, though)
- plug the hardware into your computer
- WHILST HOLDING SHIFT ON THE HARDWARE switch the hardware on
- keep shift held down
- Press "Update Now"
- After the update starts sending itself over, you can let go of shift

This may solve your update issues.

Please be assured that we're working on this right now!
By MPCTNT Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:19 pm
akaipete wrote:Can you guys please try this...

- keep shift held down
- Press "Update Now"

Thanks for staying on top of this Pete cause i really wanan jump on my Studio soon as i get off work... (might skip gym and go straight home haha) "Going to workout on the MPC..." hey a workout is a workout lol
By dazastah Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:25 pm
seems as though its only studio owners too.. Any ren guys have any issues?

There isn't a clear confirmation that the firmware is updated.. Or what to do after it has sent the files... It says to check that the firmware is updated.. But how do you do that...

I'd assume to go through the update firmware process again(and i'd assume it would know that the newest firmware is already installed) in which it just did the same cycle, and updated/sent new firmware to the hardware again..

i powered down.. Disconnected ren then connected ren and ran the mpc software and it has been fine for me..

I think there should be a final instruction after firmware update to run mpc software to check if firmware is updated.. ?
By MPCTNT Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:36 pm
dazastah wrote: It says to check that the firmware is updated.. But how do you do that...

I am not sitting in front of mine but I think you click about in software and its under there... Tells you software version and firmware version.

Correct me if I am wrong
By Fanu Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:05 pm
akaipete wrote:Can you guys please try this...

- keep shift held down
- Press "Update Now"

The shift-holding method only results in "No MIDI devices are attached".
From there, nothing helps, even though I turn it on/off again, with shift or not.
It seems I can do the emergency update over and over without shift, though, but it's not doing any good.
By akaipete Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:37 pm
I think we have a pretty good solution coming soon for users who are experiencing problems with their firmware update.

In the meantime, if you feel adventurous and/or desperate try this:

- Disconnect and power off your MPC
- Start the firmware update app
- Plug MPC into your computer
- Hold down SHIFT
- Power on MPC (with SHIFT held)
- Start the updater (still with SHIFT held)
- Now watch closely: as soon as the one yellow pad changes colour, let go of SHIFT, and quickly switch off your MPC.
- Switch your MPC back on again
- Do a little "update dance" to encourage good vibes
- Watch the update continue - if all goes well qlink LEDs should flash happily as the MPC receives data

Those steps will hopefully sort out your units.

Yes, that's pretty clumsy. And yes, we have a better solution for you coming. Just thought you'd like this to get you up-and-running quickly.
By Nubian Mindz Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:48 pm
Thank God mine firmware updated just fine, no hassles.

Are ppl remembering to 'power cycle' correctly?

Start the firmware update
When instructed unplug the usb cable
turn off mpc
plug in usb cable
switch mpc back on

If I remember rightly this is what I did this morning for firmware updating and it worked 1st time

(MPC Renaissance/Windows 7 user)
By HunterSdomsen Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:01 pm
jigdagod wrote:
jacekk wrote:hi guys, I have just experienced very weird issue about new 1.1v firmware update. Once I installed the 1.5 software I started the installation of the new firmware, unfortunately the process stopped at one point for like a 5 minutes, so I decided to abort the installation and do it all over again. The exact moment something crazy happened to my hardware. Now when I turn the hardware on, the screen is just blue (no MPC text), and the pads 1,2,3,4 are highlighted (respectively red, green, green, yellow). Same thing happens when I turn it on when USB is unplugged (but with one difference - only pads 1 and 2 are highlighted, both red). The unit was just fine before that firmware installation... any guess?

I had the same problem. I just started running the firmware update and kept unplugging and replugging it back in until it started showing it was updating.

Hey guys, could you please tell me how long it took until the mpc got recognized again? I am replugging that thing like maniac over here but it's not working...
By akaipete Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 pm
Continually removing and reinserting is more likely to make things go wrong.

You should remove the USB and power down.
Then Wait, say, five seconds.
Then plug it in and power on.

And then: just leave it!