Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By HunterSdomsen Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:12 pm
akaipete wrote:Continually removing and reinserting is more likely to make things go wrong.

You should remove the USB and power down.
Then Wait, say, five seconds.
Then plug it in and power on.

And then: just leave it!

Thanks...tried that a couple of times and it works again. YAY! Thanks so much!!!
By C-Wealth Music Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:14 pm
Updated to 1.5 via software pop up window. Restarted and got the prompt for the firmware update. Downloaded that and it didn't go thru on the first attempt. Did everything suggested (cycle power/unplug, plug usb before and after) and I got the blank led screen with 3 lit up pads. Went back in to firmware updater and chose emergency update and I chose Public port and it worked like a charm!

Renaissance, osx 10.8.5
By Fanu Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:19 pm
akaipete wrote:I think we have a pretty good solution coming soon for users who are experiencing problems with their firmware update.

In the meantime, if you feel adventurous and/or desperate try this:

- Disconnect and power off your MPC
- Start the firmware update app
- Plug MPC into your computer
- Hold down SHIFT
- Power on MPC (with SHIFT held)
- Start the updater (still with SHIFT held)
- Now watch closely: as soon as the one yellow pad changes colour, let go of SHIFT, and quickly switch off your MPC.
- Switch your MPC back on again
- Do a little "update dance" to encourage good vibes
- Watch the update continue - if all goes well qlink LEDs should flash happily as the MPC receives data

Those steps will hopefully sort out your units.

Yes, that's pretty clumsy. And yes, we have a better solution for you coming. Just thought you'd like this to get you up-and-running quickly.

The thing is: if I hold down shift, I get the error message about no midi devices found, emergency update or not :-/
By Fanu Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:42 pm
Actually, i can do the update with shift held down if i do everything in correct order (plug in, launch updater, unplug, plug in, update) but the yellow led never changes color.
At this point i feel like i've tried every possible combo there is. Uhhh.
By jigdagod Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:57 pm
dazastah wrote:There isn't a clear confirmation that the firmware is updated.. Or what to do after it has sent the files... It says to check that the firmware is updated.. But how do you do that...

I believe its under preference and hardware or wherever the hardware info is located you'll see the firmware version.
By sharod88 Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:12 pm
The update has been sent. Please check your device for update status. You may need to restart the device for the update to complete.

This is what the updater says. When I run the software it says I'm not running the latest firmware.
By master-ceo Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 pm
Also be sure to have a straight connection from PC to MPC minus any USB hubs.
Just a thought.
By Airyck Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 pm
Firmware update on my Renaissance went perfectly smooth. Just an FYI not to rub it the faces of those who are having problems. :(
By sharod88 Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:05 pm
Ok got it to update firmware. Had to have software running at the sometime for it to update. Don't know if that was the actual trick but thats what I did and it worked. Hope this helps someone else. :Sigh:
By Fanu Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:08 pm
sharod88 wrote:Ok got it to update firmware. Had to have software running at the sometime for it to update. Don't know if that was the actual trick but thats what I did and it worked. Hope this helps someone else. :Sigh:

TRUE!!
Put software on – and it worked right away!