Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By master-ceo Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:14 pm
D.Bakes14 wrote:Am I the only one on the internet that has had a good first impression with the MPC Studio and software? Anyone?

It's been good to me so far, but I sample so my computer isn't filled with a bunch of plugins. Just the sound design basics. I use the strength/power of the legacy parts of the MPC. Sampling, Keygroups, etc. Overall I can't complain either.
By D.Bakes14 Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:03 pm
So I have been kicking around with the MPC Studio for the last few days and I did bump into a few bugs, but all in all I have to say it is an absolute bargain. I got it for $359 at GC. If I'm not mistaken I bought my 2000XL at GC in 2001 for full price at somewhere near $1400. It has a ton of drum kits, a familiar workflow like legacy MPC's. Now granted, I don't use all kinds of plug ins and what not, but I don't see how in hip hop you really need all kinds of stuff like that. But thats just me. I feel bad for Akai a little, they put up a pretty good product, and its getting bashed. My only regret is I didn't get the Ren.
By bo:em Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:30 pm
Since i updated 1.5 and the firmware i have a little problem when i start the Ren. Is not really a problem everything works fine but i dont know if i really work in Demo-Mode.. when i start the Ren there´s a info

"Attach your MPC controller"

Your MPC controller must be attached to unlock the software. Until you do so, the software will run in demonstration mode.

Everything is plugged in like before and the Ren is directly connected to USB, not a USB-Hub.

Anybody here with the same problem?
By CellarDoor Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 pm
I'm using an MPC Studio on Win7 64 Bit.
When I start the 1.10 firmware updater everything seems to work fine, it tells me that its sending the update (around 160KB) and then reports that it finished successfully. Then I start the MPC software and it tells me that my MPC Studio still uses firmware 1.00.

Has anyone solved the firmware not updating problem by now?

Update:
I got it working by doing the firmware update on another PC. Strangely enough it also uses Win7 64 Bit, but there the update worked immediately.
By kaydigi Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:06 pm
CellarDoor wrote:I'm using an MPC Studio on Win7 64 Bit.
When I start the 1.10 firmware updater everything seems to work fine, it tells me that its sending the update (around 160KB) and then reports that it finished successfully. Then I start the MPC software and it tells me that my MPC Studio still uses firmware 1.00.

Has anyone solved the firmware not updating problem by now?

Update:
I got it working by doing the firmware update on another PC. Strangely enough it also uses Win7 64 Bit, but there the update worked immediately.

I'm in the same situation. Never ending loop, I tried multiple USB ports including USB 3. They all send the firmware but the mpc software doesn't detect it.

Unfortunately I don't have another PC to try this with so I am SOL.

Edit

I found an old XP PC, i'm going to see if it will run on it.

Edit
No luck
By Laz Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:28 pm
Hey I just wanted to let others know the firmware issue discussed here on this thread does not affect all. I was a bit wary of buying my studio and upgrading it but decided to give it a shot anyways and the firmware upgraded without a hitch.

I am using w7 64- on a pc- nothing overclocked; good voltages to ddr2 memory (increased to required 2.1v); usb mouse was plugged in in the rear of the panel (usb2), I used theon screen keyboard (usb keyboard was unplugged, as all other usb peripherals (except mouse))