Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By DaizM Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:02 pm
beatspecific wrote:How do we check to see what firmware the Ren is running. I got the message that it didn't work and to restart the unit, but don't know how to check to see what firmware its running now...

Go into Preferences > Hardware tab > Click 'Show Hardware Info'
By Perrin&Tonic Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:48 am
akaipete wrote:Can you guys please try this...

If your unit doesn't come back after an update:

- switch off the hardware and disconnect it from your computer
- start the firmware updater app
- select the "emergency update" mode (don't press "Update Now" yet, though)
- plug the hardware into your computer
- WHILST HOLDING SHIFT ON THE HARDWARE switch the hardware on
- keep shift held down
- Press "Update Now"
- After the update starts sending itself over, you can let go of shift

This may solve your update issues.

Please be assured that we're working on this right now!

Akai Pete, you're the man.
I had the exact problem described w my Ren - BLUE screen, etc.
Followed your directions, update seems legit after 10 minutes.

thank you
By nyahmusic Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:07 pm
Akai published an update to the MPC Firmware Updater application on October 8, 2013.

From their knowledge base article:

Important: The Akai MPC Firmware Updater application was updated on October 8, 2013. The download includes the same firmware file as initially released on October 2, along with an improved MPC Firmware Updater application that makes it easier for the update to be successfully installed. Customers who have already updated the firmware on their MPC hardware do not need to update it again, or reinstall.

The update now includes...

• A pdf set of instructions within the zip. These instructions match the updated text of their knowledge base article
  • The 'emergency mode' check box is no longer present within the updater.
  • During the update process, additional on-screen instructions are displayed, which include turning off and on the hardware before and after the update, as well as holding down the SHIFT button during the first half of the update.

If you're still having difficulty getting the update installed, the suggestion is to re-download it from here, and try again with the updated installer application released on October 8.
By BeatSneaker Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:23 pm
Each time I try opening the firmware update on my Mac, it tells me that the download is damaged and should be moved to the trash, so I can't run the updater.

I have tried re-downloading the firmware from the links provided, but I still get the same message when I try to run the installer.

Apple Retina MacBook Pro (15-inch)
OSX 10.8.5
8GB RAM
256GB HD

I've updated the Renaissance software to v1.5.0 but no joy with the firmware.
By Jonespnice1 Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:58 am
I have not been able to update the firmware for the Ren, I tried it a million times and it still isn't working. This is frustrating.
By DSTR / deStar Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:46 pm
It's been 3 hours, and it still doesn't work. I tried everything written here.

The four pads are still lit. Oh! A fifth one just lit up. !?!

One thing though... I don't even seem to have the Emergency Update Mode available:

?
By mcroepster Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:01 pm
No problem here.
First there were 4 pads lit and after the release of the shift button
the rest lit up , one after the other.
The whole update only took a couple of minutes.

peace :smoker:
Last edited by mcroepster on Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By masada2502 Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:42 pm
DSTR / deStar wrote:It's been 3 hours, and it still doesn't work. I tried everything written here.

One thing though... I don't even seem to have the Emergency Update Mode available:

?

how about trying to do it from a different computer?just your machine and usb cord and the computer.try that
By BeatSneaker Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:37 pm
scolms wrote:same corrupt error here.

I've now solved that !

Go to the Mac's System Preferences.

Select "Security and Privacy".

Then, under "Allow applications downloaded from", select "Anywhere".

If you don't do this, the Mac thinks the MU App is unsafe or is corrupted.

Akai should really include that in the notes for the upgrade, as it doesn't mention that you have to do that for OS X 10.8 and it really should.

The app now runs but my Renaissance isn't responding to the firmware update. I've seen quite a few posts on Akai's Get Satisfaction page about this too .

I also have no "Emergency Update" setting?

Very confusing and frustrating!!!
By DSTR / deStar Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:21 pm
masada2502 wrote:
DSTR / deStar wrote:It's been 3 hours, and it still doesn't work. I tried everything written here.

?

how about trying to do it from a different computer?just your machine and usb cord and the computer.try that

I tried from my iMac, and it doesn't recognize the Renaissance:

By DSTR / deStar Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:57 pm
It finally worked for me. Unfortunately, my workaround only works for people having more than one computer.

The Firmware Updater not working on my MacBook Pro, I installed it using my iMac.

I installed the MPC 1.5 software and driver on my iMac. I ran the Firmware updater on the iMac. I followed the instructions. It worked.

I really hope that all of you who are still struggling with this issue will be able to use this superior machine (irony here) once again (serious and real empathy here).
By scolms Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:56 pm
sorry if it's been answered before but what is in the 1.10 firmware update - seems it's causing a few people grief and not sure whether i need to take it or not or can it wait ?
By BeatSneaker Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:44 pm
scolms wrote:sorry if it's been answered before but what is in the 1.10 firmware update - seems it's causing a few people grief and not sure whether i need to take it or not or can it wait ?

Akai need to solve this issue. It's not working for me at all and I wouldn't suggest trying it at the moment until a new firmware updater appears.
By masada2502 Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:37 pm
BeatSneaker wrote:
scolms wrote:sorry if it's been answered before but what is in the 1.10 firmware update - seems it's causing a few people grief and not sure whether i need to take it or not or can it wait ?

Akai need to solve this issue. It's not working for me at all and I wouldn't suggest trying it at the moment until a new firmware updater appears.

Have u tried another computer ?