Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By skycake_person Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:55 am
Brand new Akai user, have had the MPC Renaissance (Win 7) less than a week, and now it's giving me two red pads when I power on after attempting this firmware update. I signed up for this forum to try to find a solution.
By Fanu Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:00 pm
skycake_person wrote:Brand new Akai user, have had the MPC Renaissance (Win 7) less than a week, and now it's giving me two red pads when I power on after attempting this firmware update. I signed up for this forum to try to find a solution.

Did you try it with software on? Give it a go.
Mine got stuck as I was trying to do the firmware update, and I swear I tried emergency updating it 30-ish times, doing everything in different order, etc, but only when I tried doing it with the software on, it worked – and that was with a regular update.
By skycake_person Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:15 pm
Fanu wrote:
skycake_person wrote:Brand new Akai user, have had the MPC Renaissance (Win 7) less than a week, and now it's giving me two red pads when I power on after attempting this firmware update. I signed up for this forum to try to find a solution.

Did you try it with software on? Give it a go.
Mine got stuck as I was trying to do the firmware update, and I swear I tried emergency updating it 30-ish times, doing everything in different order, etc, but only when I tried doing it with the software on, it worked – and that was with a regular update.

Yes, I've tried both ways, and I tried the posted fix about holding down the shift key. The updater seems to not be able to locate the Ren, as it doesn't get past that step. When yours was down, did it display pads 1 and 2 as Red? Or did you have the first 4 lit up? Also, do these different pad lightup configurations mean anything? I searched the manual and came up dry.
By MPCTNT Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:23 pm
I read issues here and said I wasn't going to even do the firmware update but when i got home and did the 1.5 update and launched the sofware and it whined about firmeware, I said F it and did it.

I followed on screen directions and had no issues. One thing I noticed was where it said to disconnect everything but the hardware. I took this literally and unplugged every USB device but the Studio. USB Mouse, usb/midi keyboard, usb mixer, usb external drive... I figured, with only ther studio on the buss, it better not have issue 'finding it'.

Well I kicked off the firmware updater and it went off without a hitch. Plugged all my stuff back in. Didn't dig into 1.5 but I did get the software and firmware updates out of the way.

I know this doesn't help anyone that is already trying the 'emergency" firmware update, but anyone yet to update, might wanna give this a go. GL to those with issues.
By Fanu Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:25 pm
skycake_person wrote:When yours was down, did it display pads 1 and 2 as Red? Or did you have the first 4 lit up?

As I said, i desperately updated many, many times; must've been around 20 times at least, and i saw both 2 and 4 after some resets.
I was sure it's never going to snap out of it, but then i turned on the software and ran a regular update and that did it.

Also, it did happen to me a few times that it said it can't find any device; especially every single time with shift held down.
Then I just had to quit the updater, unplug and power off the MPC, plug it back in again, restart the updater, and it found the device again. Sometimes it took a couple reboots till the device could be found.
By Celticbeatz Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:28 pm
hi guys,, im still stuck with dis blue screen and four lit pads,,, i dont know what else to do,,, i really cant believe that akai would do this to there customers. upgrades should be seamless and my mpc was fine until this damn 1.5 firmware update,,,my software is installed,, i deleted 1.4 as 1.5 software is installed,,,should i reinstall 1.4,,,,,ny suggestions would be greatly appreciated,,,,,,,,,,,
Extremley frustrated :(
By skycake_person Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:31 pm
Fanu wrote:
skycake_person wrote:When yours was down, did it display pads 1 and 2 as Red? Or did you have the first 4 lit up?

As I said, i desperately updated many, many times; must've been around 20 times at least, and i saw both 2 and 4 after some resets.
I was sure it's never going to snap out of it, but then i turned on the software and ran a regular update and that did it.

Also, it did happen to me a few times that it said it can't find any device; especially every single time with shift held down.
Then I just had to quit the updater, unplug and power off the MPC, plug it back in again, restart the updater, and it found the device again. Sometimes it took a couple reboots till the device could be found.

When yours snapped out of it, how long was it after you had launched the updater? Thanks for taking the time man.
By skycake_person Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:49 pm
Mine just updated successfully using akaipete's SHIFT key method, MINUS the step where he instructed to power down after the one yellow pad changes color. It just updated by itself with me powering on holding the SHIFT key, during the power cycle. Hope this helps someone.
By Fanu Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:10 pm
skycake_person wrote:
Fanu wrote:

When yours snapped out of it, how long was it after you had launched the updater? Thanks for taking the time man.

If i recall correctly, i first turned on the software and let it be for maybe two mins.
Then launched the updater, then the Studio - and ran the update. Regular update, no shift.
At that point I realized there were five pads lit. From there it was smooth sailing, and at the end of update, pads were green. Then I knew it did something. Restarted the device and software, and all was good.
By Luckyhandz Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 am
I tried doing the firmware update with SHIFT held and the process goes through, but right before it finishes, i get a quick message something about the midi device has yet to receive update, then it says it updated successfully, may need to power down to update. I did that and i turned it back on after a few seconds, my MPC screen is now fuzzy and distorted.. It wont go away whenever i restart it. I tried running the software and it loaded up, fuzzy and all.. I tried hitting one of the pads and it froze on me.. The software was fine except the device. I had to turn it off/on.. Again, I ran the update a few times now and still no results.. Any suggestions, Im done with this device right now..

Heres a pic of what my screen looks like, sorry for bad lighting, im in a dinning room..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rbl9hsf3c34w8t/IMG_20131004_035949.jpg
By Luckyhandz Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:05 am
Ok for some reason it worked out.. :hmmm:

I reinstalled everything once again. Except this time, i rebooted my mac before i updated the firmware. Soon it booted back up, I followed the same procedure holding down shift. This time the four pads lit up and i let it go through, once it updated, i restarted the mpc holding down shift and nothing. Except first two pads turned red this time. Great!.. But the fuzzy MPC logo is gone so the screen was blue. I restarted the mpc a few times, and still nothing. I tried it without holding down shift and the first pad would just turn red. So i restarted it again, and just left it. Tried running the software and that's when i saw the MPC logo.. Then it loaded up without it asking me to upgrade v1.0. Check system firmware and it read v1.10.. 3 hrs and a pain in the ass, it works again. No Fuzz, No Distortion, audio works great, no lag, loads up faster now for me.. phew!! now i can go to sleep and enjoy my high.. :smoker: :-D
By munkondi Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:48 am
I had all these problems too but eventually muddled into a solution after about half a dozen reboots etc, very shoddy to release it like this, it sounds like most everyone has had to go through this ordeal

other than that, once finally installed everything seems pretty sturdy now, first time I can really say that about this software
By master-ceo Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:46 pm
Fortunately my update went well on the Studio. I closed all open programs, followed the updates directions to the T and was good to go. :smoker:
By mcroepster Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:21 pm
Didn't update the firmware , only the software....
Works great, but when i watch some vids on youtube no sound comes through my mpc and my m- audio bx5 speakers .!!?? :WTF:

peace :smoker: