Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Lue Young Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:52 pm
Hey guys, just made a beat and was recording some track mutes, i acidentally recorded a mute on the sample track and in the track mute view on the computer i deleted the highlighted red region which i have trouble doing (doesnt always dissappear when u double click on each end)

My main grief is once this region is deleted i go to play back the song muting the track before hand but it always unmutes it once it starts playback.

Baffling the hell out of me. I hope this makes sense
By C-Wealth Music Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:57 pm
Go to your track view and the section highlighted in red is the muted section. Double click the start point of the mute to delete the start point and double click the end point of the mute to delete the mute.

Also, while in the main view, you can hit the erase button once and the erase window pops up in the hardware. Choose the sequence and track if your not already on it. Then, for the erase parameter, choose "Except Note" and this will delete the mute too.
Warning: Erasing this way will delete everything "except notes" so it will probably delete any automation you have on the track too.

Alternately, you can re-record the track (not overdub) that you have the mute on and that will get rid of it also.
By Johnny G. Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:58 am
On track mute page, hit erase once. I'm on Mac 10 and 2500 JJOS Free. Gives me option to erase just track mutes. its as if you never recorded anything in the beginning. :worthy: