Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By kennedope Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:13 am
Hi guys first post here and I didn't search this because I figured it's a simple question to answer.

I recently purchased a mpc studio and I love it (I would have loved a renaissance more but funds didn't allow it). The only thing that bugs me is when I'm going through programs (.xpm files, drum kits, whatever you wanna call them) I'm unable to hear what each program sounds like without loading it, going back to the main screen, changing the program, and then going back to the browser to listen to the next one. Is there something that I am missing here?

I just want the pads to play the most recently loaded program or maybe even let me listen to what the highlighted program sounds like without loading it. There is an "auto" button on f2 but it only appears to work for samples. I tried loading all the kits so i could go through them at the main screen but this makes saving/loading projects take very very very very long and seems very unnecessary.

I assume using a vst plugin would be a good workaround but I like the kits that the mpc comes with and i haven't even gotten to get to know them since I end up just going with one of the first 5 i listen to out of frustration.

I can go through programs eaiser with the pc interface but i'd rather do all my work on the mpc since I really do love the workflow despite this problem.

Anyone else have this issue? I believe I'm using the latest updates and firmware but I would hope that it isn't built by design like this. Thanks for reading and I look forward to spending some time on this forum and honing my mpc skills :]
By TT_Lab Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:18 pm
Yes with the browser you can hear individual samples, loops etc, but cannot audition programs if you don't load them.
Hope they change this behaviour in future updates of the software
By midilifestyle Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:10 pm
So did this get fixed with 2.0.5? I can't tell if it did and I just don't know how to do it, or if you still have to load kits to hear them

That process is so annoying, bc if the kit doesn't work, you have to delete the program, purge unused samples, etc.
By masada2502 Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:10 am
midilifestyle wrote:So did this get fixed with 2.0.5? I can't tell if it did and I just don't know how to do it, or if you still have to load kits to hear them

That process is so annoying, bc if the kit doesn't work, you have to delete the program, purge unused samples, etc.

is there any program currently that does this? not machine..you have to load it into memory 1st right?
By Glm Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:20 pm
You can create your own previews for custom kits.
A lot of work, but maybe worth it.

In the folder where your programs are located, create a folder named [Previews]
Export a wave file (make a demo pattern in mpc) named exactly as your program and move it to the [Previews] folder.
So a Pgm named Kit-Araab 24 trapped.xpm has to have a Kit-Araab 24 trapped.xpm.wav file.
It has to have the .xpm.wav extension.

On Mac this works,don’t know for pc.
You know what I mean when you take a good look at the already installed expansions.