Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By pituchez Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:57 pm
be more specific.

this is usually wht i do..

seq 1 : intro
seq 2 intro with more tracks/sounds on top
seq 3: break down
repeat seq 2
repeat seq 1
end of song

just lil simple idea
By lolwat Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 am
Bumping up since I think this is important for beginners...
I've been using logic in the past and never really made any full song, just some instrumentals with drums, lots of 1-4 bar loops - just banging beats straight to the point :-D
With MPC right now I do the same - 2 bar drum loops with or without instrumentals (most of the built in ones like The Bank sound like shit tho.
I make first sequence drums, second instrumental, I can't get past that point of adding more stuff, variate with the beat. It's just straight up banger to the face :-D Sometimes it's a good thing, but sometimes it just feels pointless, repetitive.
So yeah, any advice would be appreciated, also maybe you have any cool instrumental plugin suggestions (looking for some pop synths, 80's, pop fx, bubble gum pop stuff)
By Living Bate Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:09 am
lolwat wrote:I can't get past that point of adding more stuff, variate with the beat. It's just straight up banger to the face :-D Sometimes it's a good thing, but sometimes it just feels pointless, repetitive.

i'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but tying it in to the previous posts I would suggest you maybe look at using Track Mutes?

Its a nice way of throwing lots of variations into a song without having to create numerous track / sequence variations.