Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By jakob32 Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:35 am
Hey All,

i have a question.
how do you copy your programs and bpm from one sequence to the next,

so say i have a 4 bar intro with a piano patch,
how do i make it so the next sequence has that same piano patch loaded without having to reload it.

sorry its a really basic question I'm new to the Renaissance just thought someone might now.

Jakob
By pituchez Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:54 pm
if you are using a sample just go to

mode seq edit on the hardware. it gives you the options there. click on 5 which will copy a sequence to a sequence you choose then just press do it. and presto ;)

if you are using vst it will also copy vst. i dont know if it takes up more cpu usage since its the same program and same sample. but just incase you dont want to have vst you can use the new feature mpc ren has and use "live recording" you record the sample and it turns into a sample and you can exit out of vst ;)

if you want to do that just go to "sample record" click on resample and set thresh hold and click on record and when you are ready just start and press top when done.

you can use q lick 1 and 4 to make the sampling time longer.
i think the standard re sampling time is 20 sex.
hope this helpz
By jakob32 Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:45 am
Ok Great,

that was very helpful,

however i would like to copy the sequence without the midi data so i can make a fresh sequence,

i don't think you can do this?

does anyone else think this would be a good idea?

something like "next seq with same parameter"
By jakob32 Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:35 am
i mean,

copy the programs & bpm to the next sequence,
whilst the sequence remains blank.

so say i have on sequence 1

track 1 : drums
track 2 : synth

i then want to copy this data to sequence 2 without actually copying what i programmed on sequence 1.

so that i can then go ahead and program the second part of my song without having to go to track 1 and reload drums track 2 and reload synth etc
By pituchez Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:19 pm
ahhh

damn.
thats actually a good one..

i dont think you can do that.

im gona post it in the mpc ren/studio section of the forum and see what they say.

if not its at least a good idea for 1.8 ;)

when i need to copy the same sequence and just add/delete stuff i just copy it then just click on what ever i want to delete and thats it..works for now :fku:
By RaynFemaleProducer Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:09 pm
Has anyone come up with an answer to this? I have older MPC's and if I create a drum pattern and switch to another sequence, as long as the correct program is selected the pattern will play and at the same temple. Seems on this machine I have to recreate the entire pattern and change to tempo. At least the tempo should be a default.