Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By pituchez Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:52 am
shut ure mouth.

hmmm...i think it might be a bug..

cuz i swear ive done the same thing and even after i set pad/program to poly it wont stop muting it.

just make a new program
By aldred411 Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:54 am
pituchez wrote:shut ure mouth.

hmmm...i think it might be a bug..

cuz i swear ive done the same thing and even after i set pad/program to poly it wont stop muting it.

just make a new program

I think your a bug I hope u get removed by version 2.0 :smoker:
By al3x Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:01 am
aldred411 wrote:
al3x wrote:^%$! It is still doing the same thing. I have it set to poly in program edit.
1)I slice it into regions
2) I select sliced samples and I check crop samples, create new program and create events and then click "Do it".
3) I go back to the Main edit window.
4) Then I have a stepped pattern of the samples that I delete and that's annoying.
5)Then I hit Record and all seems fine
6)Then as soon as it overdubs it deletes what I previously played and that's that
My next step is hurling it out the window so please save this MPC's life]

The first time u record something and the loop starts again it goes to overdub - does it replace the events then or after u stop it and then start recording for the second time , the second time u record do you press rec or overdub to start rec

I think the problem in point 4 is that u selected create new prog and create events , try create new prog

Once I chop the regions and convert them I choose (Crop Samples), (Create New Program) and (Create Events) by checking the boxes. If I do not choose (Create Events) I will have blank pads when I go back to Main.
By aldred411 Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:15 am
al3x wrote:
aldred411 wrote:
al3x wrote:^%$! It is still doing the same thing. I have it set to poly in program edit.
1)I slice it into regions
2) I select sliced samples and I check crop samples, create new program and create events and then click "Do it".
3) I go back to the Main edit window.
4) Then I have a stepped pattern of the samples that I delete and that's annoying.
5)Then I hit Record and all seems fine
6)Then as soon as it overdubs it deletes what I previously played and that's that
My next step is hurling it out the window so please save this MPC's life]

The first time u record something and the loop starts again it goes to overdub - does it replace the events then or after u stop it and then start recording for the second time , the second time u record do you press rec or overdub to start rec

I think the problem in point 4 is that u selected create new prog and create events , try create new prog

Once I chop the regions and convert them I choose (Crop Samples), (Create New Program) and (Create Events) by checking the boxes. If I do not choose (Create Events) I will have blank pads when I go back to Main.

Ok my mistake , does it stop the stepped pattern tho
Check the mute groups as dazastah said
By al3x Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:19 am
aldred411 wrote:Overdub is not the problem
al3x wrote:Hi. I just purchased the MPC studio and I am figuring it out slowly but the issue I am having is this... After I record a beat (Using pad bank A) and then record the next track (pad bank B) using the overdub function and selecting track 2 as the manual says to do, the new samples I play delete the previous ones. This is a ridiculous question I am sure. It is really frustrating though and this manual explains very little. The website is no help either. What simple detail am I overlooking? Thanks

Also, I thought I could continuously layer track over track just pressing records once and without selecting a new track every time. Isn't that the point, the workflow? :WTF:

I not fully understanding the pad bank thing
Pad bank a ,if u pick a drum kit has 16 sounds on the pads if u go to pad bank b ,u can add more samples to that kit and u can go to c, d, e , etc
When u create a new track how do u create that , on that new track u assign a programme is it the same programme as track 1

I just
1 Drag the sample into the sample section
2 Double click it
3 Select what I want to use in sample edit
4 Discard the rest
5 Chop it
6 Select regions
7 Hit convert
8 Select /sliced samples/Crop Samples/Create New Program/Create Events from the Convert Slices window
9 Click do it
10 Go back to Main edit window
11 Hit record and play
12 Once that loop comes around the second time and Overdub is now selected by default rather than Record I am sunk. I can not hit another pad without muting what I previously played
The only thing this is good for thus far is chopping the samples. I am about to take the samples and throw them into EXS24 in logic and trigger everything from my keyboard like fn' Kanye and his ensoniq. God help me. I thought this would be the easier way to sample but shoot. It's just aggravating.
Last edited by al3x on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By pituchez Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:21 am
yea check themute group...

but if im not mistaken there isnt any mute groups unless you set them.

and there is no way you are chopping the samples and going back to main mode with none of them...

after you do create teh samples go to the program section and choose the new program which has all the samples.

it should be named after the chopped sample.

unless something horrible happened when you installed it or something wrong with your computer then everything should be working correctly.
By pituchez Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:23 am
there is lots o way to sample.
mpc ren is the shit..
im pretty sure you just dont know how to use it... ;p

and for the love of god..

the reason its muting..the samples is..which we've said 1000 times is because you need to go to

"program edit" on the top right part of the mpc ren. under the recording nob. click that... set program to POLY which will let you play other samples at the same time with out muting the others!

if you already did that..and its still not working..
click on LFO mode which is f4 if im not mistaken..after that..for the love of god. you should see an option that says ONE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

select that option and move the wheel to select NOTE ON if you want the sample to play as long as you have your finger on the pad. one shot plays the whole sample by pressing the pad once.

also somewhere in that menu there is an option for the pad to be mono/poly. ake sure its set to poly! and make sure there is no mute groups selected..which by default they shouldnt be but i might be wrong..
By al3x Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:34 am
pituchez wrote:yea check themute group...

and there is no way you are chopping the samples and going back to main mode with none of them...

after you do create teh samples go to the program section and choose the new program which has all the samples.

unless something horrible happened when you installed it or something wrong with your computer then everything should be working correctly.

If I do not select create events when I am in the Convert Slices window and only select Crop Samples and Create New Program there is nothing on the pads. I have to drag them manually from the Sample section. I have to select all three if I want them to be on the pads when I go back to main. I guess I will re install it all because it is inconsistent. It was working now it isn't. It shouldn't be this difficult. I have used pro tools, logic, Cubase and Ableton. I studied Audio editing at AET SMC. I have used logic for about 5 + years with Komplete and a ton of other plug ins and vst's. Everything has a learning curve and gives you a little bit of a headache but this s#*+! is ridiculous for real.

I just
2 Double click it
4 Discard the rest
5 Chop it
6 Select regions
7 Hit convert
8 Select /sliced samples/Crop Samples/Create New Program/Create Events from the Convert Slices window
9 Click do it
11 Hit record and play
12 Once that loop comes around the second time and Overdub is now selected by default rather than Record I am sunk. I can not hit another pad without muting what I previously played

If I do not select create events when I am in the Convert Slices window and only select Crop Samples and Create New Program there is nothing on the pads. I have to drag them manually from the Sample section. I have to select all three if I want them to be on the pads when I go back to main. I guess I will re install it all because it is inconsistent. It was working now it isn't. It shouldn't be this difficult. I have used pro tools, logic, Cubase and Ableton. I studied Audio editing at AET SMC. I have used logic for about 5 + years with Komplete and a ton of other plug ins and vst's. Everything has a learning curve and gives you a little bit of a headache but this s#*+! is ridiculous for real.

I just
2 Double click it
4 Discard the rest
5 Chop it
6 Select regions
7 Hit convert
9 Click do it
11 Hit record and play

If I do not select create events when I am in the Convert Slices window and only select Crop Samples and Create New Program there is nothing on the pads. I have to drag them manually from the Sample section. I have to select all three if I want them to be on the pads when I go back to main. I guess I will re install it all because it is inconsistent. It was working now it isn't. It shouldn't be this difficult. I have used pro tools, logic, Cubase and Ableton. I've studied Audio editing at AET SMC. I have used logic for about 5 + years with Komplete and a ton of other plug ins and vst's. Everything has a learning curve and gives you a little bit of a headache but this s#*+! is ridiculous for real.

I just
2 Double click it
4 Discard the rest
5 Chop it
6 Select regions
7 Hit convert
9 Click do it
11 Hit record and play
Last edited by al3x on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just
2 Double click it
4 Discard the rest
5 Chop it
6 Select regions
7 Hit convert
9 Click do it
11 Hit record and play