Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By al3x Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:25 am
Overdub. If I record a kick and snare, the kick being on the down beat which is one and the snare being on the upbeat which is three in 4/4 time, when that loop is done and I add a hi hat or ride cymbal or whatever I want on the 8th notes that is all I will hear. anywhere that the hi hat exists on the same beat as the kick or snare which is the one and three there will only be the hi hat. The kick and snare will be erased. No more audio.
I am using overdub.
By SimonInAustralia Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:27 am
Sounds like either the Program Master Mode is set to Mono, instead of Poly, or the pads are assigned to the same Mute Group in the Pad Play Modes section, or there are Mute Targets setup in the Master section for the Hi Hat.

Other than that, NFI, sorry.
By al3x Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:32 am
Thanks. It is basically behaving as though it is in mono even when it is poly regardless of what I do. It is clearly in poly in program edit. I check it every time. It doesn't matter. When I overdub it erases whatever was recorded before it. Thanks for your time.
By pituchez Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:34 am
ok ok ok...

try this!

what is your tc set to? tc= time correct?

set it to off or 64 ;p

and try it and let me know
By al3x Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:46 am
I set tc to off. No change. It still cuts out all the previously recorded audio. I can't overdub anything. It's set to poly. I do it every time cause it is always on mono. If I open a new project and set it to poly and then drag a sample in, chop it and convert it and check program edit again it will be back in mono. I set it to poly more than once every time I start a project.
By al3x Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:51 am
pituchez wrote:ok ok ok...

try this!

what is your tc set to? tc= time correct?

set it to off or 64 ;p

and try it and let me know

I will take your advice and reinstall. It's just that I am not home right now and it will take forever on the wifi I am using. I will post my results.
By pituchez Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:57 am
ok
let me know
cuz i want to know what the problem is

if not you can hit up akai directly and they can help you fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuz that is totaly fuked
By SimonInAustralia Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:07 am
al3x wrote:If I open a new project and set it to poly and then drag a sample in, chop it and convert it and check program edit again it will be back in mono.

Are you sure that it is not automatically setting the pads for the chopped samples to the same Mute Group, in the Pad Play Modes section, when you chop/convert the sample?

That needs to be set to Off, instead of a number.

I am talking about the Mute Group box in the Pad Play Modes section, not the Mute Target boxes in the Master section.
By al3x Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:18 am
Thank you. Yes I know what you are referring to. The settings are

Mute group - off
Layer Play - vel
Sample Play - one-shot
Pad Play - poly

I haven't changed anything. This is right out of the box. All I have done is sampled and sliced a couple things and when I went to put a beat to it I was like wtf? Why can't I just layer like on my MPC 2000?
By SimonInAustralia Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:21 am
You looking at the correct Program in Program Edit?

It hasn't created a new Program for your chopped sample to load into, and you are still looking at the default Program?

Just guessing now, it should work as you expect.
By pituchez Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:25 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:You looking at the correct Program in Program Edit?

It hasn't created a new Program for your chopped sample to load into, and you are still looking at the default Program?

Just guessing now, it should work as you expect.

hhe..

yea i alrady told him that one ;p :fku:
By al3x Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:30 am
I installed all the software on my IMAC. It looks quite a bit different. It says my firmware is out of date but when I go to AKAI and download the latest it says the firmware is damaged and I should move it to the trash... However. It is working. When I do the exact same thing on my Macbook it is not working. I will uninstall and reinstall on my Macbook also. I will also try creating different programs for different samples as pituchez suggested. I'm tired as f@#^ though. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks. :worthy:
By pituchez Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:06 pm
weird.

thats why i dont use mac.

its bs.

ill stick with windows.

but that is def weird.

after youinstall then you should update and all should be good.

keep us p0zted :smoker: