Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By uh-oh Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:13 pm
I've scoured the internet for a fix, this has nothing to do with the buffer settings, i mean it might, but i've tried messing with them.

Let me start this by saying i was hesitant to get the ren because i didnt want a glorified mpd, and at the moment its starting to look like my fears were correct.

Sometimes it works perfect, i use the mpc as my sound card/audio interface, with the asio drivers or whatever. i can set the latency/buffer ALL the way down, and it works perfect with no distortion

my problem is it doesnt work all the time. after a few minutes of working how its supposed to, i get a huge delay. at least a full second, from when i strike a pad to when i hear a sound. i also get random distortion just listening to things every now and then.

i've put the buffer settings to the default, and it does the same thing, after a few minutes (sometimes it does it from the very beginning) i get a very large delay, and tweaking the buffer settings does nothing once the delay thing kicks in.

i've got a powerful pc, I7 4 ghz processor, 32gb ram, 256gb ssd, 1tb hd

the pc is brand new.

i'm updated to 1.7 and im confused as to why this is happening.

i've seen very few others with this same problem, but they are out there and it seems like its a driver issue? i was wondering if any of you guys have any insight on how i can fix this, or if i basically just set 1000 dollars of my hard earned money on fire for less desk space
By 9Asp Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:42 pm
I've had a similar issue... with basically the same specs as yours, brand new PC, W7.
I've tried everything, and after 24 mails with InMusic-Support, BIOS and patch-driver updates and many tests later, the conclusion was "incompatibilitiy between Ren-Driver and the PC, due to "so many possible components"... :Sigh: :WTF:

So either buy a fnk sht Mac for twice the price and half the capabilities of your PC or use another audiointerface with the corresponding driver... It works fine now with a Focusrite Scarlett for me.

You can try following guides before you act, didn't work for me though.
But either way, sht is fckd! Akai seems to not give a fck...

http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/optimising-your-pc-for-audio-on-windows-7

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/752/windows-7-tuning-tips-for-audio-processing/
By uh-oh Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:56 pm
thanks man, appreciate the input

i've tried similair guides i found while googling, didn't help either. looks like im gonna have to get an audio interface after all. its cool tho i mean, it isn't like the audio interface built into the mpc was a selling point or anything (heavy sarcasm there. its one of the reasons i went for it over the maschine lol)

i'm probably gonna grab the focusrite scarlett 2i4 in a couple weeks.

thanks
By SimonInAustralia Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:27 pm
Does your PC have both USB3 and USB2 ports?

If so, try plugging it into a USB2 port, instead of a USB3 port.

If not, try turning off USB3 operation in the PC BIOS, if that is an option.
By fdodds Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:24 am
Even if you're running through a USB 2 port the intel usb 3 driver will cause problems if it's active. Turn it off in the bios regardless of what port you're running out of.
By pituchez Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:24 am
mpc ren is the shit! but i do noticed a very small delay sometimes

and what the **** do you need 32 gigs of ram for!
By dazastah Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:15 am
tonemelle wrote:I've experienced this in both platforms. what a headache smh

On Osx is your usb ports usb 3 ? Anyone know how to make the usb ports run in usb 2 mode?

This seems to be a issue with usb3 chipsets for sure....

These are the conditions on when it happens. If you have this config and do this test and it still happens then we all have the same issue...

1. You have a able and enough computer(i5 to i7 8 gig of ram..) to run one program with a simple sequence... Sample buffer setting at 128..

2. all Usb 3 ports

3. After around 5 mins It has what can be described as "distortion" then or when you stop the sequence and hit the pad with the sample on it has a delayed trigger that is like when the buffer setting is on 1024 or more......

4. You have another soundcard that can seamless work as it's meant too.. i have rme fireface uc and steinberg ur44 and they both work flawlessly...

Making sure you have a lean system..(no antivirus system etc)

Post here if you have this problem.

http://community.akaipro.com/akai_professional/topics/mpc_renaissance_audio_popping
By fdodds Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:53 pm
I guess I'm going to just have to keep repeating this... The USB 3.0 problem has nothing to do with usb hardware, and everything to do with the intel usb3.0 control driver.

My computer is i5, with a mixture of usb 3.0 and 2.0 ports. If my usb 3.0 driver is turned on, it doesn't matter whether the ren is plugged into a 2.0 port or a 3.0 port, the distortion creeps in and the latency is atrocious.

If the driver is turned off, I can run it through a 3.0 port flawlessly. If you can't turn off the driver in your bios, switching to a Usb 2.0 port, or using a hub or anything else to try to trick it into acting like usb 2.0 won't work.
By dazastah Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:48 pm
fdodds wrote:I guess I'm going to just have to keep repeating this... The USB 3.0 problem has nothing to do with usb hardware, and everything to do with the intel usb3.0 control driver.

fdodds wrote:If the driver is turned off, I can run it through a 3.0 port flawlessly. If you can't turn off the driver in your bios, switching to a Usb 2.0 port, or using a hub or anything else to try to trick it into acting like usb 2.0 won't work.

I should've added that to the list....

I have no option in the bios to turn it off...

I would think its the driver that is written for the mpcren audio card that is the issue(conflicting with the usb 3.0 control driver), because my other usb audio interfaces which are usb 2.0 devices are running fine through usb 3.0 ports with the usb 3 control driver..
By fdodds Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:22 am
Yeah definitely the conflict would be on the fault of the Ren driver, I just meant the conflict in general has to do with the usb 3 drivers, not 'chipsets' (and i know on your laptop you can't get into the bios dazastah, which is crazy haha).

simoninaustralia always jumps in threads about this problem and tells people to try their usb 2 ports.. and I have to keep explaining that with the usb 3 driver turned on, the problem still occurs on usb 2 ports.
By SimonInAustralia Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:17 am
:lol: And if it was as simple as fixing it in a driver, Ploytec would have done so by now.

I suspect it is something hardware going on, rather than just a driver incompatibility.

P.S. Try it on a USB2 port! :lol:
By blackeye Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:29 pm
Did you change things in the ASIO settings? I got latency when I changed the priority and stuff. It went away when I put it back to "normal".
By fdodds Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:42 am
SimonInAustralia wrote::lol: And if it was as simple as fixing it in a driver, Ploytec would have done so by now.

Considering how buggy a process upgrading the firmware was, and the website http://www.ploytec.com/ which displays all *5* of their products on one page that looks like it was designed 15 years ago.... I have no idea why you have any faith in this mysterious ploytec..